Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can I facilitate a GB seminar where I live?

Peter Lavoie

I was wondering what the process is to organize a GST seminar locally. I live in Montreal, Canada. While I'd love to check out the locales, the timing and traveling of what is already out there doesn't fit.

Is it possible to help organize a seminar. What are the necessary components to do so (i.e. type of space necessary, finances, volunteers, other considerations).

Thanks!

Peter

Charlotte Greenwood

I asked about a Montreal seminar a couple of times already... You need to convince Coach that the Canadian boarder officers are nice and that they will let him over the boarder without any hassle! Nudge nudge wink wink... Come on Coach! Montreal loves you

• Upvote 1

I certainly enjoyed my time in Canada and would love to go back again - under the right circumstances.

I have traveled a great deal of the world and the Canadian customs officials are the worst I have ever encountered; at least towards Americans. In their defense, I have heard that the US Customs officials treat Canadians equally badly. Regardless, I am in no hurry to get back in the middle of their little 'grade school' spat again.

And this discussion is probably moot anyway as most of the GB seminar slots for 2015 have already been booked out!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Good to know!

Quick question on customs, was it in relation to the fact that you were coming here to work? Or bringing in special equipment? Or was it just random unpleasantness?

We love us some good gymnastics in Canada! If 2015 is booked, what about 2016 (probably better for me that it would happen in 2016... an extra year to work on the foundamentals!)?

I'm curious to know what the 'right circumstances' are, I'm not sure we could affect much on how customs treats incoming people, but we could set up an awesome rest of the experience here for the GB team.

Thanks Coach!