Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Youth Movement Center

Ryan Anderson

Ryan Anderson

Hello GB Community

As a general Manager of a Local YMCA I have been given the task of helping design a new "movement" center.  I have pitched the idea that a new center should be centered around the concept of physical literacy and a youth movement center. 

I have been a long time follower of GB training and attended a seminar in 2010.  I and generally adhere to the concepts of building a strong foundation before piling on a large degree of specific technical skills and believe this should be the case when working with children. 

My question to the community is what kind of equipment would you put into a 4000 sq. foot/ 20 foot high celling dedicated to engage children and teens into a robust physical vocabulary. My early thoughts were to include a grand set of kid sized monkey bars with many high bar options.  I am questioning a sprung floor and ropes, trampolines foam pit.  Our budget is decent but will be tight. 

What would you put in a movement center dedicated to developing physical literacy in children? 

Thanks,

Ryan