Hi All
I was wondering if anyone has any good weblinks or advice on correct plyometric programming? (Coach if you could chime in here??)
what kind of exercises do you do for the upper body and lower body?
regards
Started by HumanBIOS, October 29, 2014 · 8 Replies · 4,189 Views
Hi All
I was wondering if anyone has any good weblinks or advice on correct plyometric programming? (Coach if you could chime in here??)
what kind of exercises do you do for the upper body and lower body?
regards
Why not just look up Verkhovshansky's web site? There is a lot of translated material that is free to download.
I'm pretty sure GB plyo's will be in one of the series that has yet to roll out.
wait for movement series ;-)
We have been....... Any info as to when the not so recently delayed product will be available this time?
Well for all the seminars partecipants some materials is available.
Yeah, that was really eye opening
can't wait for next seminar!
alex87 said:Well for all the seminars partecipants some materials is available.
Well... not quite the same thing, right? ![]()
I would love to go to a seminar but alas I don't have a grand sitting around to be spent on a luxury. I think I will have finished foundation and ring series before I can afford that
hopefully I don't get there and get told I did it all wrong and have to start again haha.
This could be a good order during programming:
1. Anatomic adaptations: structural changes (connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, muscles, etc.) High Rep work, slow motion, etc.
2. Neural Strength: Intramuscular coordination. Low rep work with maximal intensity.
3. Explosive Strength: Best relationship between strength and velocity: It is useful to do it with slow eccentrics, high speed concentrics and submaximal intensity.
4. Plyometric Strength: Low Intensity Plyometrics: Countermovement Jumps, fast eccentric/concentric pushups, etc.
5. Plyometric Strength: High Intensity Plyometrics: Drop Jumps, consecutive jumps, clap push ups, box jump push ups, etc.
PD: That's the reason why I think that GB programs are doing it so good. Like alex say, I would focus on Foundation and I'll wait for movement series. Unless you are an professional athlete and have to compete!