Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Few Questions

Alan

Sorry for reposting this but someone suggest I post it here to get the eyes of the elites on the board. I appreciate the help.

Hello everyone,

I've lurked here for quite some time. Nice to meet everyone here! I've learned and benefited a lot from a lot of you here. I am an elite gymnast. I just have a few questions about what I read in the book.

First off,

how long is your physical prep taking? (Statics + exercises)

Second,

How many exercises are you doing from the core section per session? There are quite a few diff. ones (core, str8 body [back and front], etc.) Are you doing one from each? That's one of the only things I didn't understand out of the book.

Third,

for the other elite gymnasts, how are you splitting up your training? as in which events are you training per day of the week and how are you setting up your training schedule including physical prep?

For us normal joes here, doing the basics of statics+exercises probably takes less than half an hour.

If I do the embedded form of 3 rounds+accessory exercises, it takes less than 20m I think. A short warmup and cooldown involving prehab and stretching.

If I do the statics for 60s and then 3x5 for accessory exercises, it takes roughly the same time.

It only becomes longer if I add HS work beforehand and do leg power/strength afterwards. I typically end with V-hold and straddle L work at the end and wall HS LegLift presses at the end for 3 rounds.

All of this would take 45m to 1h with the HS stuff and without maybe 40m.

You could do one from each section of the core book or just one period. Typically I do just one.