Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do I need the seminar

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Hi Everyone,

I know the seminar is awesome and everything and there is a lot that we can learn from it, but right now I really cant afford it.

I already have and am working on Handstand one and Foundation one for quite a while now, I am trying to determine what I am going to miss out on if I dont attend the seminar, I mean I already have F1 and H1 and wont need H2/3 and F2/3/4 for almost a year now, what do we learn from the seminar that can be put into use??

If you were me would you attend it now or is it ok to wait a year?

Thanks

Edit: I am also curious to know how prepared you need to be, I mean I am still at FL/PE1 and SL/ PE1 and not too far ahead on the other progressions and not too experienced with any kind of strength training in general(only been doing this for a few months), am I prepared enough to attend the seminar?? or is this for slightly advanced athletes

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Bumping this.

I really want to know whether there are any immediate benefits that I will lose out on by waiting another year, If it is worth going as soon as possible I will manage it anyhow.

I have not attended one. So I can't advice you on that. But I have read many people saying, go as soon as possible. 
Im fairly sure the responses in this thread will be the same.

Kate Abernethy

I attended one in London June 2013 - but believe that since then the seminar format has changed so cannot really comment either. But (ignore that Sensei JP), I think you would still get Coach personally correcting your form, giving very pertinent advice and sharing his long time experience of gymnastics.

It would be better to get it right at the beginning rather than further down the path. Having experienced a seminar, you'll find that if you keep how you saw Coach in your head you will not take short-cuts or compromise in your workouts.

• Upvote 1

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

I attended one in London June 2013 - but believe that since then the seminar format has changed so cannot really comment either. But (ignore that Sensei JP), I think you would still get Coach personally correcting your form, giving very pertinent advice and sharing his long time experience of gymnastics.

It would be better to get it right at the beginning rather than further down the path. Having experienced a seminar, you'll find that if you keep how you saw Coach in your head you will not take short-cuts or compromise in your workouts.

Thanks, but I am curious about whether I will learn anything in terms of form correction, I mean how will anyone correct my form and give me advice on technique when I am still working on the pe 1 and 2 of every strength element in foundation and handstand and I haven't even started anything on rings and stretching, how did it go for you?

Kate Abernethy

Thanks, but I am curious about whether I will learn anything in terms of form correction,

Yes, you will.

I mean how will anyone correct my form and give me advice on technique when I am still working on the pe 1 and 2 of every strength element in foundation and handstand and I haven't even started anything on rings and stretching,

You will see how future progressions should be done. Plus, you can always go to another seminar later on.

how did it go for you?

Most excellently :-)

I had fun, learnt a lot, realised my limitations (darn inflexible), and met many friendly people all travelling the same journey.

I went to London 2013 as well :), but, do it. 

With anything, it is better to get a world class instructor straight away to learn from in person. Maybe your form is perfect, but you will still learn vast amounts that you wouldn't even have though of... 

Anders Emil Beuchert

Does anyone know if they plan to make another London seminar? I won't be able to afford traveling to Asia / Australia / the US on top of the seminar fee as I live in Denmark, still studying. Not counting on a Copenhagen seminar any time soon, heh.

Does anyone know if they plan to make another London seminar? I won't be able to afford traveling to Asia / Australia / the US on top of the seminar fee as I live in Denmark, still studying. Not counting on a Copenhagen seminar any time soon, heh.

We were in Copenhagen just this summer. :) 

• Upvote 1

Well f*** my life then :D

We'll be back in Europe for 2015. Dates and locations will be forthcoming once they're ready.

• Upvote 1

Ashok Raju Kothapalli

Thanks I guess it will be always beneficial to get personal attention from coach and his team, also why would I need to go to another seminar in the future isnt one enough?

are all the progressions to the skills covered upto the final position or only some of them and what about stuff from the movement and stretch series(I heard some part of the stretch series was covered)

Anders Emil Beuchert

You can always learn and improve, and until you surpass Coach's level of expertise (...), his guidance will help you do just that.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone at this point not noticed the progress spurt of every single person who attends a seminar? Regardless of level?

I do not know your situation of course, but for me, I would be scrimpin and saving to get there.