Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

set-up nutrition plan after weight loss

autotoss

Hi,

I lost 200g a day for 2 weeks with my diet. I have reached the desired percentage of fat, but I could not figure out how to change my diet and to maintain an appropriate weight. What is 200g body weight in food? What I have to add to my diet? whole grains, vegetables or meat? and how much of it?

My diet was 

breakfast: 2 whole grain toast with guacamole (half of avocado) and 2 eggs + orange OR one serving of oats with one fruit (apple, banana, orange) and nuts

dinner: 2 serving tabbouleh with 100g grilled chicken OR any other bulgur salads sometimes with nuts and dried fruits instead of chicken

supper: couscous with salmon and fruit salsa + green beans OR rice with vegetables and chicken OR rice with pumpkin, nuts and dried fruits

Grace Rockwell

Newbie,

Congrats on your weight loss progress so far! So just to make sure I am understanding you correctly, you have already lost weigh and are looking to maintain that weight? 

If that's the case, there are a few factors that come into play here. How much weight did you lose over the course of that two weeks? How is your energy levels/mood/sleep patterns in general? Also, what are your workouts looking like on an average week?

Losing, gaining, and maintaining weight definitely goes deeper than just adding and subtracting foods. We want to make sure your metabolic function is healthy and stays healthy throughout the whole process. But, to make it simple, my guess is that if you lost weight eating three meals a day as you described them, then the best way to maintain your progress is to add in one or two snacks in between meals. These snacks should be the equivalent of 1/3 to 1/2 of your meals, about 1 serving each of carbs, fat, protein. 

Hope you find this helpful.

Grace R

CNC

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

The best results in term of body compositions comes with calories counting IMO. When you get used to do that on a daily basis is no longer a time consuming thing, and knowing exactly how much calories (and macros) you eat every single day will make aeverything simpler.

you have already lost weigh and are looking to maintain that weight?

no, but I've been in this situation a few months ago

How much weight did you lose over the course of that two weeks? How is your energy levels/mood/sleep patterns in general? Also, what are your workouts looking like on an average week?

probably 2.5kg.

I felt a lack of energy in the last 3 days. my sleep patterns was perfect. I wanted to sleep all the time =) It was very hard to do a mental work.

My average workouts was 5km running at a speed of 14km/h, hanging leg raises 10 reps 3 set, hanging side leg raises 10 reps 3 set, 0-90 hanging leg raises 5 reps 3 set, something similar to windshield wipers, but with straight arms and full circle legs rotation 10 reps 3 set. it's all was with abs on floor after each set. 30s frog stand. 60 mountain climbers + 30 on each leg cross body mountain climbers 3 set. 3 other abs exercises each with 10kg weights 30 reps 3 set.

The best results in term of body compositions comes with calories counting IMO.

I can count the сalories in food, but I can not count how many calories I burn in a day.

Edited by autotoss

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Just google "calorie calculator" and you will have a rough estimation of what you need to eat to maintain your weight. If you want to lose more weight, just reduce the calories by 10% (this is really simplistic, I suggest you read something about the argument to fully understand what you are supposed to do).

By the way, I assume that you want to look muscular, not just lean, right? So why are you training just your abs?

Congratulations!! I wish you will achieve your goal in few weeks. But your weight loss programs also depends on your daily routine plan like how much work you do on daily bases, your physical or mental stress, what kind of food you add in your eating plans etc. If you want any type of nutritional guidance for your diet plan then you can consult with my personal trainers of innerfight. They helped me a lot during my weight loss training with proper guidance.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.