How to train to make a bridge?

Started by masa, September 22, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,875 Views

masa

Hello!

I am completely new and I am trying to train to make a bridge.

Just for information, I have pretty week arms and I am lifting weight for about few weeks now.

With the bridge I have started today and did not come very far.

I looked at the youtube typs, but I am just too horisontal.

 

Does anyone know any tips?

I am doint it at home.

Many thanks!!!

chuchodani

I used the convict conditioning approach and my bridge is not perfect but is getting better

and also in the past I train the bridge too frecuently and in consequence I got some lower back pain, in order to avoid lower back pain look for your own intensity and focus on open your shoulder, stick the chest out and get the arch in your entire back and not only in your lower back.

 

Bridge1_zpsfc18d9ab.png?t=1411391730

 

This is an old video you could see the difference between my old bridge and my new one

 

Blairbob

 Elevate your feet on a sturdy chair that will not move, a footstool, or a couch.

 

 One of the first drills I do with the teeny tiny ones is let them lay on some stacked mats and reach for the floor. 

 

 For and adult this would be like laying on a bed and reaching for the floor. Super elevated feet. We've done this with P-boxes for adults or inflexible teens.

masa

Hello!

Please, can someone send me some pics showing how to practise?
 

How much time and how much prctise  a day we need to achieve this , usually?

Many thanks!!