Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planche Lean Pushup form check.

Yetibruh

Hi there, 

I have recently completed the frog stand hold for 5x30s and thought  I would integrate this pushup on my next training cycle. 

Am I doing it correctly here? Or is it too early for me to be working on these? What can I do to make this better?

I think they are looking good, you got some good protraction at the top position as far as i can see, although I am not used to hands pointing backwards. Maybe you could depress your scapula a little more at the top, but as I said, maybe thats just because of the hand placement. But I got one question that I am asking myself with my pseudo planche push ups: as he is going down he slightly leans forward and as he comes back up he is leaning backwards again. Is this right, concerning the form? I am currently trying to prevent this kind of motion by placing my feet near a wall, not right at the wall but only near it, so that I have in mind, that there is something behind me, so that I am not leaning backwards in the upward motion.

Not bad, but your arse is sticking out. Try to keep lower back and thighs in a straight line while protracting the shoulder blades. And lower all the way down until chest and chin touches the ground. Then come back up as if someones pushing on your sternum; i.e. your middle back leads on the way up, not your neck or your butt.

Not bad, but your arse is sticking out. Try to keep lower back and thighs in a straight line while protracting the shoulder blades. And lower all the way down until chest and chin touches the ground. Then come back up as if someones pushing on your sternum; i.e. your middle back leads on the way up, not your neck or your butt.

Hi there thanks for taking the time to advice!, I have a query though regarding in keeping the lower back and thighs in a straight line. From the youtube tutorials I have seen, I have been adviced to keep my hips on the same level as my head. This wont result in me having a straight line in my lower back and thighs unless my feet are elevated. I am confused about that part.

You can have much more lean to start in the top position. You are also traveling backwards on the way up which you want to prevent. In the PPP, you should be in your deepest lean, drop chest to ground, then press straight up. There will be a little bit of movement, but hardly any. At the bottom, you will notice your hands will be closer to your hips then when you come back up, but it shouldn't be that big of a shift.

For MASTERY purposes: you are allowed a certain line of travel, but that has to be hands within lower ribs and hips range. This is one exercise where people really need to video themselves, compare, and take note

Thank you! I will keep this in mind. At this stage though I cant lean  forward any more, I have not yet built strength at that range of motion. :/

Kate Abernethy

Hi there thanks for taking the time to advice!, I have a query though regarding in keeping the lower back and thighs in a straight line. From the youtube tutorials I have seen, I have been adviced to keep my hips on the same level as my head. This wont result in me having a straight line in my lower back and thighs unless my feet are elevated. I am confused about that part.

Straight line is the way to go - not piking (head same level as hips).

Alessandro Mainente

if you have completed the frog stand i think you are not prepared for turned out hands position, too stress on biceps.

Also your form must be fixed, your degree of lean is different at the beginning and at the end of the same repetition.

compare the lean at 1 sec and at 5 sec. it's different. fix it.