Stiff Muscles

Started by HB_Ron, September 10, 2014 · 3 Replies · 1,785 Views

HB_Ron

I use weights for resistance in my stretches. For example, I do a lot of Jefferson Curls and after that I can do a pike stretch with my hands on the ground. The next day, however, I feel that my muscles are stiff and I need to train my legs to be able to do a pike stretch again.

 

My question is how do I reach to a level that I'm able to do a pike stretch (and other stretches) whenever I want and without a warm-up or leg training?

Alexander Egebak
HB_Ron said:

I use weights for resistance in my stretches. For example, I do a lot of Jefferson Curls and after that I can do a pike stretch with my hands on the ground. The next day, however, I feel that my muscles are stiff and I need to train my legs to be able to do a pike stretch again.

 

My question is how do I reach to a level that I'm able to do a pike stretch (and other stretches) whenever I want and without a warm-up or leg training?

Maybe you go too hard, too much or you do something wrong. Normally soreness adapts a week or two max if it is caused by a new exercise or stimulation to the muscles.

MT Nordic

it's normal to be sore after hard CR or weighted stretching.  Limbering in between stretching workouts will help, and it should lessen over time.

Rayne-William

Developing a standing and or sitting closed pike takes a few years. Be patient with your own body as it adapts.