Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Portable snacks and eating while travelling

Vitaly Motuz

Hi guys,

I do a lot of dancing and travel to different events frequently. Usually, these kind of events only last for 3-4 days throughout which I stay at hotels with limited access to healthy foods.

The only places that are usually available are hotel restaurants and/or fast food eateries.

Please help me out with your suggestions to

1) what portable snacks could I bring to keep me going throughout the day? Things that don't require refrigeration and can be brought on a plane

2) are there any supplements, eg protein or veggie mixes, etc, I should look into?

3) I will be spending most of the day taking dance workshops and hours of dancing at night. What kind of foods should I opt in for for such physical activity? Lots of carbs? Fats?

My regular diet consists of whole foods. I cook all my meals and do GST 3 times per week. I appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Trail mix. Granola bars, fruit jerky. Nuts. Some fruit can get away from refrigeration like apples and bananas.

Meat jerky or that precooked bacon. Sealed lunch meat as salt pretty much keeps things well. (Of course, virtually all kinds of lunch meat has sodium and often too much).

Cheesesticks. They'll get kinda soft without refrigeration but I don't think they really spoil.

As for veggies, a lot need refrigeration. I think carrots do well without. 

• 1 month later...

Anybody try cricket protein?  I think the bars are called Exo-bars or something.  I had one, pretty good for a quick snack. 

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.