Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings quality

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

There are quite a few topics about wooden vs plastic rings in this section, but I want to make make sure that I'm not wasting my money on these. What do you guys think about this product? Is it worth it? http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B005EER2VC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1409466659&sr=8-2π=SY200_QL40#

Pellor does also some wooden rings, but obviously they cost a little much (and they are not selled through Amazon prime so I should pay an extra ~20$ for the shipping) http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B00DVY4FX0/ref=pd_aw_sbs_1?pi=SS115&simLd=1

I should add that I'll use them for the foundation work, so nothing crazy or advanced like swing etc

Ivan Pavlovic

Plastic rings are ok for strenght work and if you train outside you dont need to dismount them every time when its bad weather. For swinging wooden rings are better becouse plastic rings usualy tend to break after some time. Wood also absorb chalk while plastic dont so plastic rings should be more slippery.

I use plastic rings at home for strenght training and i dont have any problems with them.

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

Thanks for the input Paf! Do you find that a false grip is comfortable as well with your plastic rings?

Ivan Pavlovic

False grip is little bit less comfortable than it is on wooden rings but this dont represent a big problem to me.

Edited by Paf
  • Upvote 1

Edoardo Roberto Cagnola

I guess I'll go with the plastic ones and, when the time will come, upgrade to wood, if that makes sense

• Upvote 1