Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Treadmill Desks are really good ?

Jesus Rojas

I was reading this http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2014/03/11/new-study-treadmill-desks-boost-productivity/

And I want to hear community opinion about implementing a treadmill desks or even a standing desks, can it be really good for your health ? I wonder this because I spend a significant amount of time in the computer and I want to turn this to positive habit because you know, in the ratio between exercise and time at the desks, my desks time go higher.  Thanks 

Bryan Wheelock

I have a standup desk and I like it.

You can test it out by putting a box under the keyboard.

The only concrete benefit I have now is that I can stand up for hours in a row.

• Upvote 2

I have a standup desk and I like it.

You can test it out by putting a box under the keyboard.

The only concrete benefit I have now is that I can stand up for hours in a row.

I'm going to try the standup desk first because at the moment I don't have a treadmill.

I would like to use a stand up desk, but have been challenged to find one.  Anyone have any recommendations as to models or vendors?  

I don't think I could manage a treadmill while trying to use a computer.  There is something too mechanical about it, that would seem a bit much for an office.

I would like to use a stand up desk, but have been challenged to find one.  Anyone have any recommendations as to models or vendors?  

I don't think I could manage a treadmill while trying to use a computer.  There is something too mechanical about it, that would seem a bit much for an office.

I think in the long term it could be really easy to use the treadmill because everything is about adaptation, obviously at the very beginning is difficult to coordinate but with time it would be easy. At the moment I'm using intervals between being in a stand position and in a squat but totally avoiding sitting on a chair for long time.

Wouldn't standing at a desk all day be as bad as sitting at a desk all day?

I am a former McDonalds worker and former office desk worker. I stood 8 hours/day at mcd and sat 8 hours/day at the office. In my opinion and experience, they both royally screw up your health. I think it's not the problem of sitting all day, but rather being static all day. my 2 cents.

• Upvote 4

Wouldn't standing at a desk all day be as bad as sitting at a desk all day?

I am a former McDonalds worker and former office desk worker. I stood 8 hours/day at mcd and sat 8 hours/day at the office. In my opinion and experience, they both royally screw up your health. I think it's not the problem of sitting all day, but rather being static all day. my 2 cents.

And what do you think about intervals between standing position and resting in a squat ?

Edited by chuchodani