All,
I'm not sure which sub-forum to post this in. Mobility seems appropriate?
My background
For years I was anti-sport. I was the 'fat' kid in school. When I was 22 (5years ago) I began my journey into the world of physical fitness.
I spent years of my life sitting on the couch and playing computer games. Then I had an epiphany and overnight realised that it was far more rewarding to level up in real life that in was in virtual reality!
Although I had lost my excess weight by the time I was 18. I was a far cry from healthy.
From the age of 18 - 22 I practised stone masonry. This meant swinging a 3.5 lb hammer ever day with the same hand while holding a chisel in the other.
As a result of the above lifestyle I have developed deficiencies in my body and muscular imbalance. The right side of my upper body is much stronger for one.
I notice this affecting some of the movements we perform in Foundation One, most notably with the ring row work.
Next week I am seeing a physiotherapist for a muscular imbalance assessment and I hope this will help me understand deficiencies in my body and put me on the right path to correcting them.
I wanted to share this with the forum, and ask if anyone has experienced something similar, and how it was overcome.
I will be passing to my physiotherapist a copy of the movements I am currently performing so they may take this into consideration when prescribing my treatment.
Well, that's it for now. But I will be sure to update as I move forwards (I hope) on this journey.
Best wishes to all,
Henry