Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

most simple nutrition for progress

Peter Smrek

imagine, if you have 8$ every day. what you must have? what food shaolin monk eat.  wondering how to save money and be strong. :)

Keilani Gutierrez

in PR, i'd source cheapest of carbs, protein and fat + veggies, so probably rice(or yucca, ñame, sweet potatoe and/or batatas), beef or fish, olive oil, avacado or yogurt and indigenous veggies(in my case, cilantro, spinach and maybe lettuce, most people have to Hydro grow it, so it'd be more expensive)

and if i want fruit, i'd live under a mango or quenepa tree. ^_^ chutney for miles. 

• Upvote 2

Daniel Burnham

8? Chicken rice and frozen veggies with butter or olive oil.

Swap out chicken for organ meats of you can find them.

• Upvote 2

Quick Start Test Smith

Here's what I do:

As a college student, I avoid the ramen noodle lifestyle by getting bulk protein powder cheap (milk protein powder or casein) which I think ends up being cheaper than relying on meat alone for protein, having a few eggs a day with EVOO, eating 1-2 bags of frozen veggies (green beans, broccoli, etc), really inexpensive nitrite/nitrate free turkey hot dogs, and having a bit of rice/beans to supplement carbs. Oh yeah, and sometimes I have canned sardines or white tuna fish. I don't know if it's 8 dollars a day, but it's pretty efficient, not too bad to prepare & plan, and keeps me going pretty good.

Hope this provides some insight...

• Upvote 1

I just bought 14 kilos of veggies at he store getting what is on sale or in season and a few kilos of rice for 35$. I'll add some kangaroo / organ meaT and cheap protein powder to that, cook up stir fry and that will be food for the week... Might cost more like 10-12$ a day though but the protein powder and rice should last a while.

Murray Truelove

My girlfriend is vegetarian so I substitute my protein intake with whey, it really is cheap. Sure it's not as nutrient rich as meat but buying 5kg works out something like 25p a serving.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.