Hey Guys I am just starting Foundation 1 and I am excited. I was powerlifting for three years then I switced to calesthnics and now I am diving into gymnastics! I plan to do the Foundation work MWF and Tue and Thur I will do my leg routine with Handstand one. My question is I tested the mastery on the first H1 progression and nailed it now what?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Just Starting Foundation 1
Started by pcain420, August 12, 2014 · 5 Replies · 215 Views
Hi and welcome; good luck on your journey.
As for your question, test the next PE on your next workout. If you hit mastery again, and have no problem with the iM, advance to the next one. Keep doing that until you can't, and then do it until you can.
Is there a need for a deload week on the 4th week if mastery is achieved in certain movments for four weeks?
Congratulations on starting F1 and H1. Your handstand course related questions will be or may already have been answered in the Handstand specific private forum.
Carefully read the course material.
In regards to Foundation1, be sure to carefully read the following previous threads.
1. New to Foundation One? Start here
2. Foundation One Exercise F.A.Q.
3. Questions on Cycles and Deloading
pcain420 said:Is there a need for a deload week on the 4th week if mastery is achieved in certain movments for four weeks?
Yes. You're taxing your body in new ways, so give it rest. Deload week is not punishment but an opportunity for your body and mind to recover from the stress you've given it and to prepare for the next microcycle. Resist the temptation to fill deload week with other activities that will stress your body -- ie. deload your "leg days" as well.
Yeah, deload weeks often surprise me. I always feel they come too soon, then seeing the massive drop in effort required to do a harder workout after deload I realise how run down you get when you are really going after it for a few weeks.
This way is better. I'm rarely sore and I can look forward to a progress leap on schedule every 5th week ![]()