Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 elite athletes compete in fitness contest.

Daniel Burnham

Daniel Burnham

• 4 weeks later...

This was a very interesting experiment.  It has been an age-old debate, and I think this a relatively fair way to make a determination.

Some flaws (or at least limitations) I saw in this exact test are:  the choice of athletes and events were very British.  For example, selecting a rugby instead of a hockey or lacrosse player, when the latter two would likely demonstrate similar characteristics, albeit with heightened accuracy - especially the lacrosse player.  Speaking of the accuracy test; darts are less natural than throwing a ball, which I thought would have been a better indicator.  I loved the choice of a traceur, however the caliber of athlete is subjective:  sure he is a "professional," but what exactly does that mean?  Perhaps he is sponsored, but is he a fair representative to place against a national-team member gymnast or weightlifter?  I doubt it.  A track athlete - either sprinter or high- or long-jumper - would have been better in my estimation.

In the end, the gymnast won.  I don't think that result would have changed much.