Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Things America taught me...

Guest Ido Portal

Nice read, Ido. I always like reading others viewpoints on my environment.

3. Politeness is a big blanket you can hide many things under - stupidity, darkness, hostility, anger, love.
And stealing. If you steal, and pat everyone you steal from on the back, people will say what a good guy you are and attack all that say otherwise. If you ever lived in a homeowner's association, you would have experienced this. If you lived in one for over 10 years, you would be amazed at how many people fall for it. Some have tried to use hostility and anger to ward off those who would dare accuse them of stealing. Stupidity is their last act before facing the judge.
5. Too much knowledge can take you away from the goals that knowledge was aquired for in the first place. 6. Get off your fat behind. Now.
True
13. Some people still believe in 9-5 existance. Daring to dream of something brighter is supposedly dangerous...
Nothing taught me that more than college in 2000. I was to take a physics test, and I said to some people I knew, "Some people get to watch the Olympics in person, and we get to take a test." The looks I got, were priceless. Like socializing with robots. Most people do not have the emotional makeup to be their own person, let alone a skill set to allow them the freedoms without financial sacrifice.
15. America is a beautiful place. If I'll stop traveling outside of it from now on, I will still have endless and different sights to see until the day I die.
To expand upon that. America was a more beautiful place in the 80's. Unfortunately, true.
17. Competition can take the fun out of anything. Sometimes there is no going back. People should be careful when implementing it.
So true. I had friends that would turn a day at the beach into a competition or a psychological challenge.
18. America is big on Quantity. Quality? ok, but only in large quantities.
True.
19. Quality Originality is a Rarity.
Worst of all, some people in America can't even copy, forget originality.