Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rope with a loop for easy attachment to bar or weights

rubadub

This is a photo of one of my 1.5" manila ropes.

ropejg9.jpg

So the manila goes over my chinup bar and back into the blue loop and you pull it down, so now only blue rope is touching the bar. This also saves on rope which can be expensive. I think a knot in a rope takes up about 1 ft of length.

They are attached with hose clamps, AKA jubilee clips & worm drive clips/clamps

jubilee_clip.jpg

They compresses really tight on the rope, then a few days later you can get a few more turns. I also put some black electrical insulation tape on my blue rope just incase the clips cut into it. I tied knots in the blue rope for 2 reasons, to stop they fraying/unravelling, and in case the blue rope did slip the knots would catch against the clip. I don't thing the manila would slip out of the clip too easily, since it compresses well, and then days later you can compress more, so the top bit is not so compressed.

The rope can also be attached to weight plates like this, so you can do regular exercises like bicep curls but train your rope grip at the same time. I have several of these ropes so have 2 on my chinup bar for doing rope pullups, just short 3ft ropes.

trigripropehj4.jpg

I also have a mountain bike inner tube, this is a cheap resistance band and I can loop 2 of my ropes onto it so I am actually pulling rope but with elastic resistance.