Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

shoulder clicking and slight pain on parallel bars

Roddy Cardona

Roddy Cardona

Recently I wanted to test my dipping strength I notice when I dip past parallel I get grinding and clicking on my left shoulder but only on parallel bars on rings I have no problem. I am currently doing foundation and I don't really work on dips right, but before foundation I was able to dip pretty much on anything with no problem. It would be awesome if anyone gave me some tips on how to solve this issue thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Jonas Hohmann

I had similar issues about 1 and a half years ago.
Clicking/ grinding noises in my shoulder.
what helped me was lots of strength work for the upper back ( rhomboids!), specific rotator cuff strengthening(but with higher reps and less weight!), also skipping most pushing movements.also some stretching of the chest/anterior delts.

Hence, it was a postural/structural integrity-related /strength imbalance kind of problem for me. 
What it really is for you is hard to say like that. I would definitely let it be checked out by a physic, osteo or chiro. If he can't help you and its some more serious issue, go to a good sports md.
Really, i don't think anybody can help you here, other than yourself by letting it have checked out by a professional.