Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Macronutrients and GST

DareToBeGymnast

DareToBeGymnast

So, i found that my daily calorie intake in order to keep my bodyweight(82 kg), while i'm 6'1" is 2620 calories and the macros are:

protein 131gr
carbs 328 gr
fats 87 gr

i want to put muscle AND lose bodyfat at the same time. will this formula have effect or you think my carbs are too high or my protein is too low etc?

P.S: I'm eating REALLY clean

Andrew Long

Ive always been confused by calorie counting because I've tried so many times to figure out how many calories I should have and every time my bmr is somewhere around 1800-1900 at 85 kg. then when I calculate how much training I do per week using online callculators it always gives me something up around 3000 calories per day but if I go by mets and do each day individually and add it on to my bmr then I'm sitting around 2300 calories a day.... Then I always hear people saying how if you are training as much as I do I should be eating 3000 + calories...

Very confusing stuff. From wat I understand though you want I think 1.5-2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight ( although I think that differs if you are seriously overweight. ) from everything I've read though if you need that many calories for your goal and you don't have that much extra fat to lose and you are training hard then your macros look fine.

You could take out a tiny bit of fats and throw those calories into protein if you are trying to lose a little bit of weight but I think everyone is a bit different. What you have there seems like a good starting point and if you see the desired changes in your body comp or performance then you're winning if it isn't quite getting you on track after the first month or so then adjust slightly.

Anyway I'm not really the best source on this but there is a tonne of info about this on the nutrition forum. I'd highly recommend anything posted by Joshua natterman, in particular the perfect nutrition 2013 thread.

Luka Kopusar

u cant put muscle and lose weight, unless you are a beginner in exercise/physical activity world. Shed that BF, the extra weight loss will make GST a little bit easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Damon Amato

1) eating REALLY clean has no definition and is not as important as you think.

2) as a nutritionist, the most effectively researched way I've seen to drop body fat and maintain muscle mass is a cyclic ketogenic diet

3) If you can eat that carb load on a daily basis and not gain weight, you're one of the lucky ones.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.