Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Length of ring straps on your set-up:

Joshua Naterman

Joshua Naterman

Makes a HUGE difference! Holy cow! I just got my rings mounted 18 or 19 feet up in a tree, and it has changed everything. Even the support position has gotten noticeably harder! I can still do my levers and pullups, but the cross is way out of reach lol, and holding a tuck planche is much more challenging. Haven't tried dips or anything else, but I thought I'd share that info. Working out on nearly regulation height rings is a giant step up in difficulty from hanging them over the pullup bar at the gym!

I am also really excited about finishing my mushroom(almost, I need to cover it still) and having made a body lever/ natural leg curl apparatus that cost me about 25 bucks, but that's with pvc. I am going to reinforce the plywood and swap the pvc for metal(probably) pipes, and I will post pictures and a tutorial on how to make it. I also put a pulley system on my rings that are hanging, so when I want to I can do half bodyweight stuff. I'll post how that goes when I get a chance to play with it later this week!

The difference between straps generally set up at home at 2-3 feet versus 5-6 feet when they can hang off something higher is huge. I noticed there was a big difference between setting them up off my power tower at home or the football field goal at the local HS. Compare that to straps from the ceiling or a rings tower and its more of a difference.

Joshua Naterman

No kidding! I was so surprised! In the gym hanging the rings off of the pullup bars I can go about 80% of the way down in the Iron Cross, but in my new near-regulation setup? Ha! Just palms turned out support hold was challenging! I can already feel myself adapting, but wow. It really hits me hard in the chest, which is really exciting because it is hard for me to get any kind of response there. My chest is like half of my upper body, my friend was commenting on that yesterday, so while I am almost retardedly strong there I can't get it to grow visibly for anything! I just keep getting stronger! But I am really excited and have even more respect and admiration for the men who are proficient on the rings! Amazing!

I have rings on my chinup bar. I have also put them on a barbell in my attic, this is a easy & cheap way to mount them

DSC00517.jpg

I have also had adjustable webbing straps and passed an ezcurl bar through the loops, which loop onto a barbell in the attic, so I have a trapeze chinup bar with varying angles. I also use a tricep bar in the same way so I can do netural grip pullups.

71_1_b.JPG