Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

tissues adaptation

Jeandel Matthieu

Jeandel Matthieu

Hello

In the second podcast Coach Sommer talked about tissues adaptation. 

Where can I find book, documents about this subject? 

I am really interesting about time adaptation and the difference of time adaptation of nervous system, muscular system, connective tissues, bones, ...

Thank you for all your answer helping me to better understand all of that.

Matt.

Bruce Dierl

'Outliers - The Story of Success' , 'The brain that changes itself' , 'The talent code' - mostly with regards to the nervous system

or look for journals online (NCBI). 

A site which makes sense to me:

http://saveourbones.com/ (title says it)

Hopefully it helps a bit.

GoldenEagle

In the podcast Coach Sommer mentioned the following:

90 days for muscle

200-210 days for connective tissue

2 years for bone

• Upvote 1

Jeandel Matthieu

Yes I heard this too. 

But I want to go deeper and try to find some text to know more about all of this. 

Coach Sommer, if you read this post. 

How do you take the difference between muscle adaptation and connective tissues adaptation to do a programm and move on more load or intensity?

Thank you

Matt.

Alan Tseng

To be honest, this is something I don't quite understand either.

Based on my limited knowledge, muscles breaks after a good session of training.  However is this muscle breakdown during training the same thing Coach Sommer was referring to?  That it takes 90 days for the muscle to be repaired after a training session?

However if it is different, then what's the difference between muscle breakdown after training (which should be fixed in 2-3 days, maybe more in certain cases), and the complete 90 day muscle tissue regrowth?

Alessandro Mainente

well muscle is a very structured thing. if we talk about fibers regrowth is about from 7 to 10 days, in fact if you work hard with dumbells to isolate muscles you can need more then one week. this for muscle parts that are necessary for immediate locomotion (think about the necessity of paleo man to move after an intense activy).

from a more specific pov what takes more is the structural reticulum where you can finds ions for muscles contraction, the energies store, the synaptic contacts, the fascia that embrace the muscles belly, mytocondrial changes that are paired with the type/intensity of the new stimuli, muscles gene expression in response to a new level of stimuli, adaptations of motoneuron gamma to a new stretch profile and so on, change fibers type, and consequently it's metabolism and it's CNS connections...those things could take up to 90 days to adapt completely.

Jeandel Matthieu

Thank you ALex. 

Do you have lecture to recommand in order to have more informations? 

Philipp Zimmermann

Hi,

maybe you can search for some biology/medicine schoolbooks. Some of them are not that hard to read and you get some basic information on the topic and later you can dive into some more special work if you want to.

Jeandel Matthieu

Thank PhilTaylor

I am agree to look into a biological / medicine book, but which one :-) 

I asked my initial question in order to be oriented by people who know maybe where Coach Sommer find is informations. 

Philipp Zimmermann

Sorry I can´t name you some good english books on this topic, because I live in germany^^

But if noone gives you a solid answer, my idea would be that you look for universities. Some have a reading-list and if not you can e-mail the professor/lector on your topic of interest and ask them if they can recommend you a good book.

They will most likely be friendly and willing to help. =)

Alessandro Mainente

I have convention with Springer due to UNiversity research field. check if you can have access with your.