Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Copenaghen seminar

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

Hi to everyone , I written this post to express my point of view about the organization of the seminar, the content and much more.

The first thing i want to say it's to respond to the good part of person who asked to me why travel to a seminar if I have the online course.

Well i decide to respond to this question assuming my professional pov. I got 2 degrees in biological, physiologic and medical field, i'm a Coach for the Italian Federation of Gymnastic (male division), I've started to study biomecchanic , physics, anatomy and everything concerned with the science behind Gymnastic Strength Training™ about 5 years ago, i0ve joined to this community in the early 2010, i did a lot o masters and seminars with the FIG in Italy and some meeting workshop with the national team coach of great britain , with the italian juniores russian Coach , with technical director of Italian senior team and more, trained with Italian elite gymnasts...but i've found the necessity to move again for a seminar. 

So now after another seminar with Coach i can say without doubts that nobody, but really nobody has the same intelligent and detailed way to approach GST. Some coaches in italy said to me that they not like this approach but the fact that their young students do not have manna said a lot of things.

I've returned to italy with 23 pages of notes, someone can thinks what the hell i've written down on this notes? what's more then in foundations? simple answer: DETAILS, details and more details.

Some of these regards the refinement of foundations , handstand and rings courses.

Beside that we've, in my opinion, the best structure in the seminar (compared with the previous).

We had:

-balance part with H1, H2 and 

-foundations part 1,2,3,4

-rings part R1,R2 and something more

-movement part

-stretch part

I truly understand the point of Coach of not sharing Movement 1 now. I've started with some exercises of foundation 2 years ago, i'm near to finish H1,RC and HBP and now i'm ready for movements. the first time i approached it 2 years ago was too bad, i wasn't prepare to handle it and i've payed the consequence directly. so do not be afraid about movement, lots of work is needed.

the elements i've cited before were explained very good. i've appreciated the handstand part that i think will improve a lot my hs hold, my ability to balance, i've appreciated a lot the part of:

-the initial stage of free balance from wall to free handstand

-the entry into handstand 

Watching the practice from an external point of view (i wasn't able to practice due to my pulled shoulder, now it's fine, simple 5 days of rest) i've analyzed the normal approach to gst of a new athlete. simply error that will affect all the progressions, you can fix them immediately, a different position of the hand, or of the upper body, muscle activation ..all those thing can lead to different execution.

All the beginner could fall in this problem..with a seminar you will fix it immediately.

beside that it's very interesting to meet different strong people around the world who have the same benefit of GST as me.

So nothing more to say in respect to the private material exposed, only if you can you need to go to a seminar. online course does not substitute the hands on practice. and after different seminar i think that the perfect structure is achieved. i've said that because i'm hungry of knowledge and i know that excellence has no price.

• Upvote 11