Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My first highline

Mikkel Ravn

Mikkel Ravn

Hi guys

Not really gymnastics related, but nevertheless I'd like to share a cool experience with you.

Two friends and I rigged a highline between two trees today - What can I say, there's no rocks in Denmark. Next step would be urban highlining. It was still high enough, that I got scared out of my wits, though. Took a couple tries, but eventually I walked all of the line, which was a great feeling.

Anyway, enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/hansmikkelravn/media_set?set=a.10203221013342406.1073741826.1120771429&type=3

• Upvote 13

Marios Roussos

That was awesome! The prolonged hesitation, the numerous initial close calls, the suspense, and the dramatic final outcome (won't spoil it for the rest). I just wished you kept filming at the end so that we could see your GST skills in action. 

Mikkel Ravn

Thanks! I did a nice pullover to get back on the line. Big shoutout to Coach! Also attempted an elbow lever, but it looked more like the worm  :P

Btw, are the pics accessible?

GoldenEagle

Congratulations!

Did all of your single leg squat training help with your balance? It seemed that way.

I enjoy being up in trees.

Mikkel Ravn

Congratulations!

Did all of your single leg squat training help with your balance? It seemed that way.

I enjoy being up in trees.

Don't know really, probably didn't help with balance, but should make the knee more stable for mounts and tricks. I'm slowly working on the pistol mount, which is basically using a SLS to stand up on the line.
  • Upvote 1