Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

F1 Body Composition Success

Tristan Curtis

Tristan Curtis

So today I had my annual DEXA scan.

Since my last scan, June 11 2013, I have lost 10kg (22lb) fat and gained 2kg (4.5lb) lean muscle. I gained a massive 3.5kg (7.5lb) on my torso and welcomed a 1kg (2lb) shave off my over-developed thunder legs.

Not bad considering my exercise has been literally nothing but F1 and running 30 miles a week! 

• Upvote 16

Jonathan Pettit

Congrats.  I just started F1 and hope to follow your lead in the next year.

• Upvote 1

Jennifer Rodriguez

Congrats, Wheezer!

Is the dexa scan part of the regular services you receive as part of your annual care or is it an extra service?

• Upvote 1

Tristan Curtis

Thanks guys!

Is the dexa scan part of the regular services you receive as part of your annual care or is it an extra service?

I'm not sure what annual care is?

This was done in a private clinic where you pay a full fee for the service.

Julian Aldag

Some companies give their employees free annual check ups. It must just be an American thing.  Congrats on the weight loss!

I might send you a PM sometime Wheezer.  I was born in Adelaide and the moved to Melbourne in my 20s to study circus. Small world!

Kamali Downey

Awesome progress, and its beneficial that you backed up your progress with the most accurate way to measure body composition (DEXA)

What's even more impressive is that you  gained that much muscle while running that much per week.  Well done.

Just out of curiosity what is your bodyfat percentage now?

• Upvote 1

Tristan Curtis

Some companies give their employees free annual check ups. It must just be an American thing.  Congrats on the weight loss! I might send you a PM sometime Wheezer.  I was born in Adelaide and the moved to Melbourne in my 20s to study circus. Small world!

Small world indeed! I lived in Melbourne for a couple of years, and now I'm back in my home city Adelaide.

I think it is mainly an American thing. So much is covered by public universal healthcare here in Australia; there isn't the same incentive to cover things corporately.

What's even more impressive is that you  gained that much muscle while running that much per week.  Well done. Just out of curiosity what is your bodyfat percentage now?

Thanks I appreciate it. :) I hear lots of conflicting information about running and retaining lean mass. I've never had a problem with it personally. Although, I only do two harder sessions a week, and rarely run longer than an hour in any day.

I'm at 13.6% bodyfat now; about 23lb of it. 3-4% of that is adipose; the rest subcutaneous.