Hey guys
I lost my father a few weeks ago and since then I have been reevaluating my entire life from my work life to personal and also just thinking about how degraded and immobile I have become.
I have tried through the years to lift weights and to get fit but I never seemed to make any progress and after listening to Coach Sommer on the paleo solution (I have just started eating healthily too) I figured that me being physically incapable of basic movement and positions might be a reason why I can not progress on a back squat or my shoulders are always sore and impinged or why I struggle to do a single dip after not only weight gain but injuries suffered from trying to do movements i wasn't capable of.
I don't want to start "training" I want to spend the next few month doing basic movement and stretching and getting basic flexibility and a base of structural integrity before I start doing anything else.
I was thinking about something simple. Something I could do to get me ready.
My idea for a template would be something like this:
30/30 squat ( every morning do an air squat and hold it in place for 30 minutes
Foam rolling, using a lacrosse ball for rolling
Shoulder mobility work like Dislocates with progressive loading, band pullaparts
An hour of static or other kind of stretching, with emphasis on the legs which are extremely tight
20 minutes or so to work on ankle mobility alone which is very bad
I was also thinking about some kind of cardio that does not involve lots of impact while I am going through a phase of rehab. Something like swimming of very large walks.
I would usually just start with the book and progress with it as planned but I am so immobile and messed up I feel I need to get back to normal before hand.
Any help would be great, Thanks.