Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Final year dissertation proposal ideas anyone?

Andrew Graham

Andrew Graham

Hi guys

So, i'm on my final year of a Bsc Strength and Conditioning degree and i was wondering what to do my dissertation on!?

The university particularly likes the students to use a peice of equipment like force plates, biomechanics software, etc which gets the students extra marks.

After hearing Coach Sommers podcast on Rob Woolfs radio show, I was particularly interested in investigating plyometrics and the repulsion forces they generate.

any ideas anyone?????

cheers

• Upvote 1

What about the effects of lever lengths on the amount of force a muscle will need to apply to overcome a resistance, or the the torque at the joints

• Upvote 1

Andrew Graham

Mark Balsom...LOVE that idea!..that sounds really interesting aswell!

Keep the idea's coming guys!....the deadline is in 2 weeks!

thanks

• Upvote 1

Rajan Shankara

You could test ATP restoration rates in conditioned individuals based on the three body types; Endo/Ecto/Mesomorph. Each tested for ATP restoration for individual bouts of exertion. Can one body type train longer than another due to ATP recovery?

Mark Weaver

I had a volleyball coach who had us spike a ball and then land on a force plate.  Then we did drills to to land softer/quieter for a couple weeks and then we tested again.

I think there was something wrong with the way he set it up, because he had to scrap it or something, and I never saw the results.  Would be interested in seeing what they might have been.

Alexander Egebak

A recent study looked into parkour landings versus traditional landings in terms of comparing ground force. I posted it on skill development if you are interested.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys!

I had a conversation with my tutor and there is hardly any literature out there for straight arm strength!!....This would be great to do as I for one am progressing through the GB program and it would be awesome to have some data for reasons why an athlete should implement it into their program.

Any idea's on a proposal scenario??.....I can only think of having two strength programs for elite rugby players and see if there's any difference between having the SAS at the beginning of the mesocycle or at the end. But it's abit basic!

i'm calling upon the community for ideas!!??

Thanks!!!

• Upvote 1

i guess it would be hard to do research on results of specific straight arm strength training in such a short time frame because it depends so much on adapation of soft tissues, which - as we all know - takes a lot of time.

Kate Abernethy

How about the complete physics of the planche - as in angles, forces, weight, and height factors. Ideally producing a formula so knowing two factors will tell you the range of the others? Pretty 4D graphs would be appreciated too  :D

that sounds good, but i'd have to find someone who can do a planche!?! ;) also it's not a gymnastic specific dissertation it needs to be orientated to the 'every man'.

• Upvote 1

what about something about stretching? comparing PNF, active loaded stretching, mobility work and tarditional stretching methods. that would be something applicable to everyone and i 8and i guess a lot of people on this forum too) would be very, very interested.