Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Strange Bias

Coach Sommer

Ivan Pavlovic

we know that all pro gymnast are taking steroids + they are paid for being a gymnast so they can dedicate their entire life training

but in street workout all athletes have a job or still studying

I agree with coach, but also i must say that sports today are not what they once were so only God knows who using steroids and who dont.

And SW practically isnt even a sport because all tricks you guys do is from gymnastics. Real SW is based on sets and reps not on planches and other levers that gymnasts are doing. Im not hating SW im just saying facts.

Alessandro Mainente

If you do not have enough knowledge about the effect of steroids on gymnastic training, specifically on joints and connective tissue, is better stay away from this considerations. so, said that in gymnastic steroids is something very very very very very rare , remember that Mr olympia trains 6-7 hours a day for 20-25 years.

people thinks that steroids make miracle. if you have poor genetic , steroids won't change it!

• Upvote 1

Daniel Burnham

If you do not have enough knowledge about the effect of steroids on gymnastic training, specifically on joints and connective tissue, is better stay away from this considerations. so, said that in gymnastic steroids is something very very very very very rare , remember that Mr olympia trains 6-7 hours a day for 20-25 years.

people thinks that steroids make miracle. if you have poor genetic , steroids won't change it!

Not true. Steroids are pretty miraculous for muscle building. You can give it to a bed ridden person and have muscle growth without any stimulation.

Mark Collins

Steroids do affect tendons and as a result they tear more easily. Combine this with the rapid growth in muscular strength and you would get injured before getting to a high level of gymnastics.

In gymnastics you need very strong connective tissue which is why it takes so long to get good at it. So we can't use this as an excuse. It is one of the things that attracts me to gymnastics. Coach has stated many times that it is more hard work than genetics that determines the outcome. There are some genetic freaks that do the hard work as well and they are at the Olympics.

Alessandro Mainente

Not true. Steroids are pretty miraculous for muscle building. You can give it to a bed ridden person and have muscle growth without any stimulation.

in fact i didn't say that are bad for muscles (probably i wrote the words in a bad order)...but for joints and tendons.

the reason is more related to consequence about steroids use on both pre existing collagen fibers and collagen gene expression after sterodis..anabolic steroids disrupt normal collagen fibril formation (especially type 1, alpha 1 ) in tendons within a few days after administration up to 5-6 days. They on the contrary produce ruptured, dysplastic collagen fibrils (due to mechanism that involve the expression of gene COL1A1) not connected to the muscle.The number of abnormal collagen fibrils Increases dramatically if the steroid-treated body.The net result will be a stiffer tendon with reduced tensile strength with less elongation as a consequence.

And in my opinion gymnasts have by far the strongest tendons in the world.

I can write here different names of my friends that move to BW training who previously used steroids for bbing purposes. all of them suffered from short head biceps rupture, and brachialis tear. Coincidence?

Not since from leterature the most frequent problem is on those tendons...exactly the stronger of gymnasts.

Edited by alex87
  • Upvote 1

Josh Schmitter

in fact i didn't say that are bad for muscles...

I think this can only be decided with an L-sit walk fight. I will also accept the newly recognized 'ABR walk' in battle form of course.

• Upvote 3

Keilani Gutierrez

I think this can only be decided with an L-sit walk fight. I will also accept the newly recognized 'ABR walk' in battle form of course.

please, no more trial by combat. we've seen enough blood shed as it is.  :(

Josh Schmitter

please, no more trial by combat. we've seen enough blood shed as it is.  :(

Where are you guys hanging out? Do I need an invite or a special hat?

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Daniel Is right for the muscles gain when you are on steroids...no reason to say the contrary!

I thought steroids only allowed you to go beyond your genetic peak and help you recover faster only if you trained.

• Upvote 1

Daniel Burnham

in fact i didn't say that are bad for muscles (probably i wrote the words in a bad order)...but for joints and tendons.

the reason is more related to consequence about steroids use on both pre existing collagen fibers and collagen gene expression after sterodis..anabolic steroids disrupt normal collagen fibril formation (especially type 1, alpha 1 ) in tendons within a few days after administration up to 5-6 days. They on the contrary produce ruptured, dysplastic collagen fibrils (due to mechanism that involve the expression of gene COL1A1) not connected to the muscle.The number of abnormal collagen fibrils Increases dramatically if the steroid-treated body.The net result will be a stiffer tendon with reduced tensile strength with less elongation as a consequence.

And in my opinion gymnasts have by far the strongest tendons in the world.

I can write here different names of my friends that move to BW training who previously used steroids for bbing purposes. all of them suffered from short head biceps rupture, and brachialis tear. Coincidence?

Not since from leterature the most frequent problem is on those tendons...exactly the stronger of gymnasts.

Agreed. I have known gymnasts to take steroids but only after completing their gymnastic career and deciding to do bodybuilding.

Matthew Proulx

I take it a lot of people don't know anyone taking steroids or have tried them themselves, well, there are many forms of "steriods" for starters. Steroids CAN easily close the gap between all of your so called good and bad genetics. Don't think for a second they are just a flavor boost. I've seen first hand, a scrawny asthmatic kid become the hulk in a matter of months. I have friends that are bullriders that became 10x better taking juice than they were before, anyone can talk about how skill beats everything else but if you don't have that boost sometimes, skill ain't shit when you can't perform time and time again. So those downplaying steroids... don't. Steroids are game changers for some, not all. Some people don't do better on them, but some can become mutants. FACT. 

• Upvote 2

GoldenEagle

5.10.1 Participants must wear closed-toe shoes. Gymnastic shoes are not allowed. 
5.10.2 Participants must wear long trousers or shorts that are not shorter than 5 cm above the 
knees. Jogging shorts or gymnastic shorts are not allowed. 
5.10.3 Tight-fitting gymnastics shorts are not allowed. 
5.10.5 Any tight-fitting gymnastic suits are not allowed. 

You don't know but my gymnastic uniform gives to me impressive strength power....

Gymnasts wear shoes during competitions? What? Those "Shoes" look like socks to me.