Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help me build my new gym!

Justus0704

Justus0704

Hello everyone,

I am going to build a new gym. I used to have a basic barbell gym and some bumpers, but recently sold them, because I have not been lifting, and want to truly delve into the gymnastics side of things. I also felt the barbell lifting was doing me more harm than good, and that I would like to challenge myself to build power and strength, without standard Olympic or power lifting. I have $850 to begin this new gym. Thus far I have a 150# sandbag I use for conditioning, a pair of wood FIG spec rings, and a pullup rig that I built outside. What do you think I should use $850 on?

My list so far:

Stall bars: $244.93 from 3B scientific (I know these are not the best, but figure they will work, and I do not have a ton of tools, so building some is not a good idea for me.)

Rogue Fitness Flat Pack Box: $125 (I think I could put some type of cushion over this then hook my feet in the stall bars and do GHDs. And of course use it for jumping).

Rope:  15’ climbing rope $77.50 (if anyone has a better price, let me know)

Now what else should I get? Specifically to follow the foundations series and handstand series, eventually the ring series, so on? I have read I may need 5, 10, 15, and 20 lb dumbbells. I sold both of my Olympic barbells and the weights. Should a get a basic barbell and some little plates for mobility work?

Eventually my gym will consist of all the gymnastic bodies equipment I need to efficiently follow the programs, some kettlebells for conditioning and fun, a tire for pulling, a tractor tire for conditioning and fun, and sandbags for power work and fun.

I look forward to the advice and input. Thanks.

Jesus Rojas

You could add parallettes, parallel bars, straps for weighted leg raises, some kind of plain bench, sticks or some sort of object similar for shoulders dislocations, resistance bands for scapular drills.

• Upvote 1