Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

World record in dips

Joakim

ahaha its so funny watching those dips. I could do up to 30 easily and Im not such a strong person, mabye because of my physonomy( I have really huge shoulders) I can do them but Im quite bad at HS push ups or pull ups for example. And Im not even a gymnast, just bboy that loves conditioning too.

elite gymnast do not usually train for endurance feats like this... i'm sure they could do a bunch but the people that do these records train specifically for it...

Steve Low recently did 40 after working on weighted dips using himself+his BW in 3-5 sets. He did 40 regular ones afterwards. My friend said in college as a gymnast he could do about a 100.

I haven't ever heard of a record though.

Hayden Whealing

I can't believe they were world record quality dips. Now no one else will be able to better the record with proper dips

David Picó García
Anybody has an idea of how many REAL dips an elite gymnast could do?

Tons for sure, (the real ones of course). I can do at least 25, and never do them consistenly, just a side effect of rings (where i do bulgarian dips, but just 10 when fresh), so imagine someone who can do malteses.

Wow, I hadn't even watched the videos. Those were even shittier than I imagined. I really hate it when some of the kids just lean forward and push back versus actually lowering their body.

I did 23 yesterday and I'm 5'1 165ish maybe 160. Currently I have a crappy tuck planche.

Steve Low did 40 at 5'8 and 130ish. And he can planche on ground and straddle planche on rings. He's also got on the record a 170 weighted dip besides doing the 40r after 3-5 sets of BW weighted dips.

My friend Roger competed planche on floor but couldn't get planche on rings in his hayday at just under 6 foot and 170ish. He was the one who said did a 100.

I'm thinking since the HSPU record is 165, the dip record for a gymnast could probably hit 250. Who the hell trains that many dips though.

There's the difference that this is how many dips in a minute so it's not THAT much of an endurance feat.. more just being able to get the smallest rom possible with the fastest speed

Wow, I hadn't even watched the videos. Those were even shittier than I imagined. I really hate it when some of the kids just lean forward and push back versus actually lowering their body.

I did 23 yesterday and I'm 5'1 165ish maybe 160. Currently I have a crappy tuck planche.

Steve Low did 40 at 5'8 and 130ish. And he can *straddle* planche on ground and straddle planche on rings. He's also got on the record a 170 weighted dip besides doing the 40r after *2* sets of BW weighted dips.

My friend Roger competed planche on floor but couldn't get planche on rings in his hayday at just under 6 foot and 170ish. He was the one who said did a 100.

I'm thinking since the HSPU record is 165, the dip record for a gymnast could probably hit 250. Who the hell trains that many dips though.

fixed

Yeah, those "dips" were terrible.

Any gymnast worth their salt can do at least probably 30-40+. How many more depends on their endurance ability I suppose

Any decent elite gymnast who really trained endurance dipping is probably waisting their time. They would more than likely not beat some individual who trained it. Maybe post career though.

Who cares? I mean...

it's a movement that you will not do in nature,

and even in your gymnastics training you will evolve to HSPU or weighted dips.

PS: that "dips" are RIDICULOUS...shame on that video.

Joshua Naterman
Who cares? I mean...

it's a movement that you will not do in nature,

and even in your gymnastics training you will evolve to HSPU or weighted dips.

PS: that "dips" are RIDICULOUS...shame on that video.

I'm going to assume you mean the seizure that guy had on the dip station, and not actual dips, because in nature every single time you climb up a wall or tree, moving through fallen logs or even large rocks you are doing a dipping type motion, and nature is in fact full of fallen trees and large rocks.

• 1 year later...

i do sets of 20-25 regularly, but my personal record is 29

i go all the way down, until my arms can bend no more.

whitemonkey

hahahahahahahaha

Dips....really!?!

He was humping the air in support position. I'm very disappointed in how world records are judged.

John Sapinoso

We did a contest at my gym for strict dips when I was 13 or 14 years old. I did around fifty or sixty.

Reminds me of that clip Blair posted about crossfit where the animated lady was concerned that the guy was having a seizure with his "pull ups". :lol:

I'm no muscle man, but I might be able to get near that amount of dips with his ROM in a minute. What a disgrace... to himself and to Guiness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
lol i think its funny but i'm curious if anyone hear could beat him...

...while we are at it, we can have a deficating contest. It may even get more accomplished.