Question regarding the foundation series

Started by Barboy, May 26, 2014 · 7 Replies · 2,298 Views

Barboy

Hello guys :)

I can maybe afford foundation one and handstand one, although I have a question to ask.

As I've understand it, the foundation series offers a complete guide to:

•Straddle planche

•Hollow back press

•Rope climb

•Manna

•Side lever

•Front lever

And

•Single leg squat

However, my goals are to achieve Hollow back press, rope climb (in straddle position), planche push ups and straddle press handstand.

If I get the foundation series, can I only follow the rope climb, hollow back press and straddle planche guide, or would those progressions be incomplete without the other movements?

I'm really just interested in what I wrote, don't wanna spend time and energy on other stuff.

Thanks. :)

Alan Tseng

The foundation and handstand series is to literally build a foundation for your body, fixing all the weaknesses in your body that eventually allows you to be capable moving into other stuff such as endurance, dynamic strength or maximal strength. So it's more than simply a guide to achieving those 7 elements (like hollow back press, rope climb, or straddle planche.).

So with that said, your progressions will be incomplete if you don't follow all 7 of them because they're all building off each other

MT Nordic

I agree w/ Hmms.  It would be short-sighted to only focus on those elements.  It would not take much longer to do the full program, and it will leave you more well-rounded and injury-proof.  Lots of the progressions go hand in hand and are complementary to each other, so you'll progress faster doing them all.  Even if you don't want a manna or a side lever, the progressions leading up to that are what will serve you well.  Regardless of whether you buy the program or not, make sure you are following programming that will not leave your body out of balance, as you will almost certainly end up with injuries and plateaus.  That's why many of us are here...because we've been there, done that, and realized it doesn't work.

Barboy

Ok, thank you guys. If the programming is set up that way, then it's a good excuse not to buy it. Also, my economy will surely thank me.

Regarding preventing injury, max results, achieving my goals and other benefits, I think foundation is a good way, but I'm sure it is not the only way.

Jon Douglas

Good luck with your training :)

Matthieu Jeandel

Barboy, just begun foudations chossing which exercices I wanted to do. After some times I restart with all of them. 

 

I discover two things:

 

- my  recovering is better (because I trained more on the same move during the week, so my muscles was more sore)

 

- even exercices not in the progression for planche (or an other exercice) ..., give you benefit for the other moves. Working on some weakness (by example manna work is great for press to handstand, ...)

 

More than 7 move of gymnastic, foundations are 7 moves of the boy (press, pull, close, ...). 

Barboy
Jon Douglas said:

Good luck with your training :)

Yeah, I'll be needing that. Thanks'! :)

  

Matthieu Jeandel said:

Barboy, just begun foudations chossing which exercices I wanted to do. After some times I restart with all of them. 

 

I discover two things:

 

- my  recovering is better (because I trained more on the same move during the week, so my muscles was more sore)

 

- even exercices not in the progression for planche (or an other exercice) ..., give you benefit for the other moves. Working on some weakness (by example manna work is great for press to handstand, ...)

 

More than 7 move of gymnastic, foundations are 7 moves of the boy (press, pull, close, ...).

Yeah, I've understand that, and that is not ideal for my situation. I'm sorry for neglecting your offers, hope I can still get help here from time to time. :)

Jon Douglas

Eh, no one's offended, we're only recommending it because we think it's the best choice-- that is, to speak for myself, I am using Foundation et al and I've got no interest in spending my time on less than the best, so... ^_^

We're still going to keep kicking ideas around and helping each other regardless of what approach we use, and your interest might find you trying it later. If so, you'll pick it up and take what you want from it in your own time. If not, there's tons of free resources on here and people are always happy to talk training.

 

 

 

 

(Just didn't want to have people bickering about programs AGAIN :) )