Hello!
After research through subreddits and Ido Portal resources, I have come upon the teachings of Christopher Sommer for developing a solid foundation in gymnastics. Primarily from a powerlifting and cross fit background, I have moved my aspirations toward higher level bodyweight movements.
I am looking into purchasing the Foundation and Handstand One resources. From initial research on the reddit subs, I am wondering: will I be able to work the basic progressions in F1 and H1 together? While also deadlifting and front squatting? Or is it more plausible to only do F1 by itself, or only F1 and H1 together?
With the questions in mind, I am a very active person in the military who once enjoyed rock climbing and brazilian jiu jitsu on a regular basis. In the past I have programmed the basic Starting Strength and 5/3/1 programs alongside rock climbing and jiu jitsu with a fair amount of success. My diet and scheduling is very strict. I would consider my drive far beyond the general populace. I am hoping to be able to work F1 and H1 at a 4x day/week schedule, while mixing front squatting/deadlifting.
So I guess what I'm asking for is- anecdotal evidence on how the programming of F1 works with other things. Please let me know if any other information from myself is necessary to determine an answer !
Respectfully,
dubuargee