Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundations and rope climbing side effects

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

Before, a little overview...

i started some iron cross training after the London seminar in 2013.

then was released the entire foundation course. before that date everytime i was training the IC i had sore biceps/chest especially the day after the training for a couple of days but my elbow were fine ( i had some confidence with rc).

i stopped with IC training for a while moving only to master the RC , with the Foundations schema that is another planet from my idea of rope climbing mastery! after about 10 months finished the RC mastery i've tried to use the same exercise as 10 months before. i'm astonished, i pulled out from the ic position (with assistance for 10 times).

so i used less assistance and i've discovered to being able to pull out from more then 90° with no fatigue. no doms on the biceps/lats or chest on the following days, no sore elbows or shoulders.

of course some practice with R1 SARS and LARS gives to me stability.

now i'm understanding why the end of foundations speeds up the progress in some advanced rings strength elements. i'll stop again with serious IC training until a triple lap on RC will be mastered..i'm curious to see what's happen after that!

http://youtu.be/TIVUuzo7uB0

aside from the post goal, reaching the false grip...is not something that i have to think! it's very very natural!

• Upvote 18

Rob Kowalski

That's awesome!  I was thinking about this the other day, how you could probably (maybe not) get to an IC if you started with lots of assistance and slowly worked your way up to it.  But it would be just that, slowly working towards it (and probably quite slowly).  Whereas if you you do the necessary prep. work, you can probably skip most, if not all, assistance progressions and go straight into training the IC as a skill.

Keilani Gutierrez

aaaaaaand back to training. ^_^ #wantstoplayonhisrings

• Upvote 2