This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 harder than PE2 and PE3 -- am I the only one?

Started by Jay B., May 22, 2014 · 28 Replies · 1,253 Views

kingzlo
Jay B. said:

Today I began week nine (4x12r) and, holy crap, this new height made them so much harder... but in a very good way. All of a sudden all the muscles were WORKING. Lats, biceps, forearms... they got ROASTED. 

I got the work in with Week 9 on Monday.  It was intense.  This was after going into Pushup HBP/PE2 and reaching mastery with Single Arm Plank.  I dumbed out and gone further into the mastery of the Plank and did 6 by 30s each arm and really felt my rear deltoids from the 3 set onwards; it was a great feeling.  

 

With that said, my Pushups took it's toll, as well as my Hinge Row RC/PE1, again both 1st time beginning Week9.  My issue is because I did mastery during the Plank + 1 extra set, my push and pull was kind of week.  I managed up to 8 reps and hand to pause before doing up to 10 and pause for the last 2 reps, during the 4 sets, I was so pissed  :imad:.  During the pause(s) was just a few seconds (or a few breaths) before getting right back into the remaining reps; managing to go 12 reps overall for each set.  Fortunately I've decided to go 3 day split for recovery time.  So Friday is the next go time within the F4 routine AND I'll be looking into the mastery of the next Plank (the Plank Lean sPL/PE5).

 

I told myself, "ok if it's like that the next time, what am I to do about it?"  selfSolution: I may have to stick with week 9 until I don't get stuck, which makes sense.  It may take an extra week or 2.  But one thing I'm loving is the feeling of the lactic acid and fullness (may be causing hypertrophy) in my biceps and triceps, so there's the positive side.   :P 

wheezer
kingzlo said:

But one thing I'm loving is the feeling of the lactic acid and fullness (may be causing hypertrophy) in my biceps and triceps, so there's the positive side.   :P 

 

Totally! I'm also in last cycle for hinge rows and push-ups. The pump in my arms after this session makes me feel BEAST!!!

kingzlo

Ok, I'm not upset about what I'm about to say.  I'm heading back to block 2 for both HBP/PE2 and RC/PE1.  Reason being, I watched 

on youtube, which I meant to watch a long time ago.  This episode is also mentioned somewhere else in here, but cannot find it at the moment.  Anyway, what Coach Sommer mentioned towards the end, from 39:08 onwards, got me to analyze this and my other workout routines.  But I know I'm definitely up to the level of SPL/PE5 and looking into surpassing that, as I'll be testing the Mastery of it, if possible holding for the time of 30 sec for 5 sets.

 

With that said, I may be able to do the 4 day split routine, as I did before, next week.  And not do that crazy routine I was thinking about (mentioned in a different forum called "What's Your Experience with the 3-day Split?", that I need to correct myself on).

Igor Czerniawski

Foundation 1 is hard. To give you an idea, I weigh 90 kg, I can do 5 proper chin ups and pull ups with additional 35kg. However I'm still stuck on RC PE 6. 3x60 sec, it took me 3 months to get here and it looks like I will need another 3 months to get 5 sets.