Elbow pain - New opportunity

Started by Barboy, May 20, 2014 · 2 Replies · 1,575 Views

Barboy

Hey guys!

A week ago, I tried tricep extension in a push up position which was too advanced for me and resulted in pain in my elbow, so I rested for 3-4 days and then I did archer push ups (also challenging) and this time it hurt even more. And right after I did my archer push ups, I went ahead and tried dips... Lol.. I must have been dropped a lot as a kid :(

However I can do pull-ups without pain. Strange... But not so much pressing exercises (except isometric like straight arm work), even the easier ones can hurt a bit.

Anyway, instead of feeling sad (because I love bodyweight training in all its form [especially gymnastics]), I think this is a great opportunity for me to start from the beginning and do it right this way, just like Foundation 1 offers. But I can't afford it, so that's out of the question, unfortunately. However I have read btgb and will re-read for better understanding, of course, and it inspired me a lot! Can't wait to start my first cycle. :)

Before I start to make a program like Killroy's, I want to master the basics, those which everything else is built on, those who will prepare my joints and build a solid foundation of strength. And I will also focus a lot on flexibilty and mobility work, as these are very important. But even here I'm not sure what road to go.

Regarding mastering the basics, is this a good way to go?:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkI1GBjj3eQ

Alexander Egebak

Good thing that you are ready to chance your mindset, but you need to go deeper into the basics.

 

First of all, find out how to fix your injury and fix it. Training will only make things worse (that includes all shoulder work). See physiotherapist to evaluate you injury and specific excersizes to fix it.

 

Then go see this thread and follow the programming:

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/page-8#entry93503

 

The kilroy70 template is not recommended for those who have not done a good amount of prehab, at least leave out dedicated straight arm work before having achieved basic joint strength. That means no planche-, FL and BL work etc.

 

I hope you recover soon so that you can start on the fun stuff!

Barboy

Thank you for the thread.

I wasn't planning on working towards those skills for now, all I've been doing this week is work on my floor L-sit - using this method: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZJoSP66HI

I will now warm up, then work on my Floor L-sit and after that work on those listed in that thread.

Thanks! :)