Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why Athletes NEED Turmeric

Justin Goodhart

Philipp Zimmermann

Hi  :) 

I tried the recipe today, but the ingredients didn´t liquidate so well...

Is this normal or should I use warm water?

• 2 weeks later...
Aaro Helander

Some hypothetical thinking about inflammation: Maybe you can counteract the negative effect of the excess anti-inflammation by training more and harder, enabled by the lowered inflammation? ;) Would be cool.

So in other words, taking anti-inflammatory supplements etc. is only beneficial if you increase your training amount to restore normal inflammation levels?

It's hard to find good information on the subject of acute inflammation vs systemic inflammation, and how anti-inflammatory supplements affect acute inflammation in long term.

Frankincensed

Some hypothetical thinking about inflammation: Maybe you can counteract the negative effect of the excess anti-inflammation by training more and harder, enabled by the lowered inflammation? ;) Would be cool.

So in other words, taking anti-inflammatory supplements etc. is only beneficial if you increase your training amount to restore normal inflammation levels?

It's hard to find good information on the subject of acute inflammation vs systemic inflammation, and how anti-inflammatory supplements affect acute inflammation in long term.

Studies have been done involving NSAIDs impact on muscle protein synthesis and generally speaking there's isn't one in normal dosages - though they may not be good for you for other reasons over the long-term.

Keep in mind that it's acute vs chronic and local vs systemic. You can have chronic local inflammation and acute systemic inflammation.

In any event it's questionable whether there's a benefit in taking these supplements - the body has its own ROS suppression and  these pale in comparision. And if you have a serious problem already, they are probably too mild to help.

StretchArmstrong

I agree with the OP about the massive benefits of curcumin (turmeric).  The thing is, if you wan the positive effects (i.e. anti-inflammatory response), you need to take at least a table spoon every day.  It's easy to add to cooking (I think it tastes great), but supplemental form is always an option.  It's also important to eat it with black pepper (capsacin) in order to "activate" it (make it more bioavailable once ingested).  

John Cunningham

Seriously !!   A whole tablespoon. You would better taking concentrated curcumin pills.  Anything to back this up with ?

• 3 months later...

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.