General question about F1 program

Started by GeoffeyLevens, May 18, 2014 · 11 Replies · 2,799 Views

GeoffeyLevens

I am seriously considering buying Foundation 1 but have reservation. Currently I have been doing a modified version of the Kilroy70 program to build some baseline strength.  For a couple reasons (terrible sleep pattern, previous partly neurological disease/infection) I do not have very good recovery from work, very slow.  I have been strength training 1 day then "resting" for 3, doing a yoga based mobility set and then on 4th day, strength training again. That is about my max. In my strength work I only do 3 sets of 5 reps and after that I am "done" and need the 3 days to recover or I actually lose strength instead of gaining it. Needless to say progress is a bit slow though it is coming.

 

So the question is, will I be able to easily fit F1 to my physiological/neurological needs or wait until I have recovered more of my ability to sleep and have my nervous system deal w/ "loading up"?

 

Just for reference, here is what I have been doing for several months-all holds are easiest progression level ie very tucked though back lever now is straight tuck w/ only hips/legs pulled under. I do each group as a circuit w/ about 30-60 seconds between exercises and maybe 2 minutes between "rounds". The two groups are because my rings are outside hanging from a mango tree and first set I do on the floor of my room

 

1-

•     •       Planche hold 3 X 15-20 sec each

•     •       Hand stand push-ups (full range on parallettes) 3 X 5

•     •     L-sit 3 X 15-20 sec each

•     •     V-ups slow – hollow body w/ 10-15 sec hold at top 3 X 5

•     •     Full bridge w/ 5-10 sec hold emphasizing glute activation and shoulder thoracic stretch 3 X 6

2-

•     •       Front lever hold 3 X 10-15 sec each

•     •       Back lever hold 3 X 20-30 sec each

•     •       Pistol squats 3 X 5

•     •       Horizontal pull-ups - 3 X 5

 Thanks for any input or suggestions

 

 

Riku Calderón

F1 suits your needs!

GeoffeyLevens

Thanks RIku.

GeoffeyLevens

Is there a downloadable i.e. non-internet version. I do have internet but where I am currently living in Ecuador it is often painfully slooooooooow or quits altogether for hours at a time to all day...

 

Also, can you give me a rough idea of how long a typical training session would be?

 

And do I need any equipment besides rings and paraslettes?

 

(Actually the "rings" are home made PVC pipe handles on adjustable trucking straps, much like TRX only very low cost, just not as pretty)

I do think that covers it.

sephirothangel

I believe it's web only, but you can always write down your workout routine for the 12 weeks.

A typical training session can range anywhere from 30-40 minutes to an hour+, depending on whether your just starting the 12 week round, or nearing the end, as well as how often you're failing to complete the set.

You should also get a pullup bar (doorway is fine). It'll be helpful nearing the end.

GeoffeyLevens

Thank you! I found list of all equipment needed and I may need to wait until I move back to US next spring.  Things of any sort are not eaxy to get here. I actually brought a doorway pull-up bar with me when I came like this

pull-upbar_zpsa36a85a2.jpg

and NO doors in the entire country will work from what I have seen. The ones that are ballpark correct width (rare) still won't as they all have big fat facing above them so the friction plate won't do its job. That is what I have been using as parallettes.  Weights etc, 12 hour bus ride each way to find, shipping/postal service very iffy. I likely will just keep doing the Kilroy thing until then...

sephirothangel

Yeah, I'm in the same situation as you. No doors around that will let me hang my pullup bars. But you can always look around at parks around you. They'll usually have a playground that you can make use of, or at the least, trees that you can throw your rings on.

GeoffeyLevens

Yes, I have homemade TRAX thingy from trucking straps and PVC pipe handles that I have hanging in mango tree in the yard.  Thought you needed both though, rings or similar AND a bar, as well as stall bar set up, weighted bar...

Joshua Slocum

For a bar, you can stick a broom between the rings.

GeoffeyLevens

Not rings, 6 inch horizontal handles, so not stable if put bar across.

Coach Sommer

Do not place the bar on the handles, lift the handles out of the way and place the bar directly on the straps.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

GeoffeyLevens

DOH! Wasn't thinking there was I... Thanks.