Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Freerunning & Street Workout vs. Gymnastics

Brian Li

This is an interesting video showing a gymnast trying out skills in both freerunning and street workout and both freerunner and street workout athlete trying out skills on the 6 apparatuses of men's gymnastics. I saw this video a long time ago, but just found it again and would like to share it. 

• Upvote 6

Christopher Schwab

Thanks for sharing B12, that was definitely a more interesting comparison than all the whiny threads all over the internet comparing their respective disciplines (naturally overtly biased). Though I thought it did immediately make the gymnast seem superior just by virtue of having the traceur and street workout practitioner have to team up against him, and there did not seem to be much point in challenging the gymnast's back lever later in the video, as he already showed competence in it on the rings, so that seemed sort of a wasted opportunity.

Nonetheless. really cool video! 

• Upvote 2

Dimitar Grozev

To me it looks like a video for promoting sports (not that there is anyting wrong with promoting sports :) ) But it is all there: the acting, dramitc scenes, staged contest where a player sometimes fails even if he is obviously capable of doing something :)

An enjoiable and fun video but hardly a true comparison :) The commentator ended the clip with: "It doesn't matter if you do gymnastics or street workouts. Just do sports. You decide whether in the gym or on the streets."

• Upvote 1

Joshua Slocum

I agree with mitko. It was a very enjoyable video, and well produced. However, it doesn't really give advice/info to beginners who're trying to figure out what sport to do, and neither does it really compare what elite athletes in each discipline are capable of.

It would be very cool to watch if they did something like the PCG (Pro-Gymnastics Challenge), only with one team composed of gymnasts and the other made of freerunners/street workouters. 

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wheelock

I wonder if the women would be better at precision jumping because of balance beam.

Justin Goodhart

That was interesting but it wasn't quite a fair comparison. The both the street workout and parkour guys were capable of MUCH more. As I imagine the gymnast was too. 

An entertaining and inspirational watch, but not actually that educational.