So kinda a introduction thread/idea and where I'm at post. Going to be long.
Me apparently I tweaked my back when I was 15. 165 lbs 6'4" got shown the deadlift and being a top rated swimmer in the country and being invincible monday did 225 lbs, friday did 360 for 6 reps. Slightly rotated right hip forward, that incorrection has been building ever since.
Won NCAAs in swimming in 2008. I'm not a slouch, no offense to the intro message on here, but my problem in life is not knowing when to stop. Ripped my shoulder out twice in that race, hitting the water and off the flip turn.
Joined the USMC. Tons of fun infantry. Saw a lot of crossfit and realized it pushed chaos over method. I saw kipping pull ups as the dumbest thing of all time. USMC afghanistan got in a single vehicle collision 2011. Smashed my back up. Kinda fell apart.
Chiro got my spine in line. But I have no natural stability pretty much in the lower 4 vertebrae and beneath my hip. Especially the right hip. So I'm set better than I've ever been for being athletic, and need to start at sqare zero for my legs. Or aguably pre-square zero cause a child develops what I need to develop before they start crawling.
Got on here after seeing Coach Sommers disparage muscle ups, and then explain why. I saw the problem but he had the whole picture. See so much good on here about shoulders and mobility, and as expected the focus is on upper body or so it seams for lack of mobility. Well I'm here hoping to find a similar approach that applies to the lower body and how to build basic inner stability right around my hips. While it may seem a niche problem. Most guys in the military while not to this extent have back/hip/knee issues from wearing body armor and 60+ lbs for 6+ months at a time.
So no idea where to start, input would be appreciated.