Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Success Story, and thanks!

bombadil

I have been a long time "dabbler" of GST, having first bought Coach's BtGB maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Never consistent. Never saw gains. I mostly pursued gimmicky and flashy Crossfit "wods" and randomized intense training. Naturally, the GST that I pursed was also intense: it was way beyond my capabilities. (FL negatives, negative MU, etc.)

After suffering many injuries and set backs along the way, I finally learned--at 32--that I was, indeed, mortal, and I decided to "suck it up", ditch the short-sighted stuff, and dig in my heels for the long haul, essentially, starting to build from the beginning. I found Foundations 1.

Now, I've been chipping away at F1 for over 1/2 year, and I've progressed from the very beginning of ALL movements to the 3rd and 4th progressions (except side lever and manna...stuck at 2).

And, just recently, it's totally clicked.

I've been into white water kayaking for 9 years. It's a tough sport on the body, especially the hips and low back. You need to be strong, supple, and mobile. Having pursued CF for 8 years, I was NONE of these things... Without the proper foundation building, I injured, re-injured, and re-re-injured my SI joint/lower back. My hips felt like cement. I went through multiple bouts of rehab, physical therapy, and chiropractors along the way. The pain never went away...

Until, I ditched everything and JUST DID MY FOUNDATION TRAINING...

Well, I've paddled twice this spring, some pretty intense white water and a lot of playboating (imagine "swivel hips" with a strong current directing where your knees and hips should go...forcefully!) .

I hit moves with ease that have always been difficult: cartwheels, bow stalls, flat spins. These were all effortless, sharp, and best of all, pain free! Usually, I'd be crippled after these river runs; now, I felt FINE. Not only fine, I felt strong and supple the next day!

Thanks to Coach and the forum for the program and keeping me on track!

Formerly, I looked for in-gym strength to see evidence of progress... And , as we all know, progress is earned and it comes slowly, so I was always itchy with anticipation. I never thought I'd see such dramatic improvement outside the gym--real world strength and conditioning in a completely different sport that I care very much about. And it blew my mind how much progress I had made.

All I can say is wow. I was blown away at my progress. Now, I'm considering training for tricks in my kayak that I never thought were attainable.

I can't emphasize enough how good I feel!

:D

post-3819-0-53500500-1399132504_thumb.jp

• Upvote 16

Jennifer Rodriguez

I'm at the 6month mark as well, and it recently clicked for me just how much the imbalances I didn't even realize I had were the limiting factor in my extra curricular activities.

I can't emphasize enough how good I feel!

Yep!  <<happy dance>>

• Upvote 2

Alessandro Pantanella

Congratulations for your results and thanks for sharing your experience.

Stories like that really help to keep motivating :-)

• Upvote 1