Some FBE's questions

Started by Dies Irae, May 2, 2014 · 27 Replies · 6,617 Views

Dies Irae
GoldenEagle said:

Give yourself 12 weeks with one or two "Deload" weeks before you start complaining about "No Progress."

I just noticed that I was actually operating at 40%, not at 60 or even 70%, because I was doing 2 reps on all the sets, my max being around 5 for each exercise.

 

So I was doing 1 less rep than I should've been doing. Could that be making the difference?

Dies Irae

What is the limit training this way? How far can you go with an exercise in this way? I mean only resting around a minute.

 

I have read that when you really start lifting considerable weights that you need even more rest between sets.

 

Someone in this forum said that once you're squatting over 200kg that you could need even up to 7 minutes of rest, and someone else said that you won't get strong with 60s rest times.

 

Can you like take the bench press for example, start exercising with 70% of your max, rest only a minute between sets, and keep on going like that and eventually start lifting 400 pounds with the same rest time?

B1214N

If your goal is max strength then use high intensity (1-5 reps) with rest to full recovery between sets. For endurance as well as mass building, you will need less rest between sets.