Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Art of Good Practise

Mats Trane

My other passion on life is skateboarding. This is Rodney Mullen talking about the art of practise. Take 10 minutes of your life and think about what he is saying when you are trying to learn a new techniqal skill like the handstand.

• Upvote 6

Josh Schmitter

Those Mullen vs. Daewon Song dvds are freaking amazing. Definitely recommend checking them out to anyone who is unfamiliar. Pretty much any technical thing that can be done on a board is demo'd...and those are pretty damn old too.

Super interesting to hear him speak as well. Obviously incredibly knowledgeable, but also speaks/communicates at close to the same level as his skating.

• Upvote 1

Rodney is a special individual, Street skating wouldn't have been what it is today without the likes of Rodney paving the way.

Best part, he's still at it.

• Upvote 4

Keilani Gutierrez

my dad used to be Rodneys TM. he was 9-10yrs old when my dad met him and he did some type of martial art and skated. he was on the team with tony alva and some other guy(allan gelfang?) who dad told me was the first guy he saw doing ollies. he used to get a lot of heat because he would wear jeans and skate with jeans on. how times change, right? :P

there are other stories i know (like how incredibly unique Rodney was, even as a kid) and how once my dad lit Alva's hair on fire :P that one i know is true because Tony confirmed it at Surf Expo a few yrs ago. never met Rondney though.

edit: also, i love how Rodney is one of the few guys who can make landing Primo be part of a trick combo, instead of eating it like all the other guys i see learning kick/heelflips.  :D

• Upvote 4