Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is "hungarian"?

hype

Daniel Burnham

All will be revealed in time.

But seriously it's the most fun you'll never want to have.

• Upvote 4

Scott Pelton-Stroud

I'm guessing Pommel-Horse-style movements on the floor. But that is an uneducated guess.

Alexander Svensson

It will be every single exercise from Foundation done in a circuit. With absolutely zero rest.

Daniel Burnham

It will be every single exercise from Foundation done in a circuit. With absolutely zero rest.

I think that's called warmup :)

• Upvote 4

Nicholas Herreros

I'm beginning to get a hungarian pain right now.  

Guess its lunchtime!

• Upvote 2

Jaros?aw Ruszkowski

Here's some information about Hungarian:

- "Hungarian" - named after Hungarian Gymnastics Coach who showed basic idea to our Coach Sommer,

- you SHOULD do it after mastering F1/2/3/4,H1/2,M1/2/3 series,

- it's complex and uses all basics learned from F,M and H,

- it covers all forms of flexibility, plyometrics, strength etc.

- you'll forger other "cardio" based programs with it,

- you'll feel premature sensations of death during it,

The rest is silence. I don't want to know what it looks like yet, maybe after few years in GST and mastering F,M and H :)

• Upvote 4

Keilani Gutierrez

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/hungarian?pageNo=4

"At this time I will not go into detail of the exact structure of the workout, however I will give you a more detailed glimpse of what it involves. 

It does not require any special equipment to perform and can be done pretty much anywhere upto and including outside on the grass. The training components include elements designed to develop a wide range of physiological adaptations necessary to successfully master ones' own bodyweight. 

In no particular order, these include movements designed to increase: 
1) upper body plyometric capability, 
2) lower body plyometric capability, 
3) active flexibility throughout the entire body with special emphasis on injury prevention/prehab work for the shoulder girdle, wrists, hips/low back and knees 
4) rotational strength & flexibility 
4) static flexibility 
5) basic static strength positions 
6) basic handstand and press handstand development 
7) extreme core and lower back strength 
8) The list goes on, but I'm sure that you begin to get the picture. 

Is it effective? Well, I just recently came home from the US Junior National Championships with the youngest medalist in USA Gymnastics history. At ten years old (actually he just turned 10 in March), he narrowly missed winning the National Championship on Floor by .025. He was also 8th on Parallel Bars and 19th on Vault. And this is competing against athletes in his level who were up to 3 and 4 years older than him and have been on National Team for a number of years. 

Former US, Chinese and Russian Olympic/World Champions, as well as current high level coaches, were all astounded at his level of strength, explosiveness and flexibility as well as his degree of technical refinement . . . all of which is due in part to the Hungarian having been an important component of his physical preparation for years. 

For those who are interested, due to numerous requests, I will make a DVD available detailing the Hungarian. Filming is scheduled to start next week. 

Yours in Fitness, 
Coach Sommer"

• Upvote 4

Keilani Gutierrez

this....is only assuming that it hasn't been improved, much of how Coach has improved the book to evolve into the GST curriculum currently available...because i have a sneaking suspicion that it has to be absolutely epic and devastating.  

Edited by Keilani Gutierrez

Matthew Proulx

Since F, M, and H and are prerequisites and not R, I can only imagine it is some sort of floor routine that puts everything together. But I wont speculate. We have yet to see what M is all about.