Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vaccine Info Needed

Bryce Warren

Bryce Warren

Not exactly about nutrition but seeing as it is in regards to health, still important (especially for me seeing as my child will be born in about 4 months).

So, vaccinations for newborns. I have no idea which ones I should be getting my kid and which ones to say no to. The first few years of a child's life there's so many different vaccinations people want you to get, not something I want to be guessing at.

I'd try and read around but there's too much information out there for this that I would never know which sources to trust. Since there are many knowledgeable people here, I'm hoping someone has done a fair bit of research in this subject and can chime in a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Just find pediatrician you trust and let them do their job. An online forum may or may not be the best place to get advice.

• Upvote 1

Karl-Erik Karlsen

Yeah, second that.
Don't believe the anti-vaccine gurus either, a lot of them are talking about stuff they have no knowledge of.
Just follow the regular AAP guidelines if that is what your pediatrician recommends.

A lot of the stuff they get vaccines for are: a) Diseases that can cripple them for life if they get them and are unlucky enough to suffer complications and/or b) diseases that are nearly extinct and that we would rather not have in society.

Complications can occur, but they are usually very very rare, statistically. I'm no fan of pumping your body full of stuff it doesn't need, but vaccinations exist for a reason.

So don't listen to us, go to a good pediatrician and listen to him/her. Whatever they recommend will likely be ace, cause it's mostly the same suggestions all over the world.

• 1 month later...
Tristan Curtis

This is why I LOVE this community. It's the Internet; 99% of places would have turned this question into hundreds of people making hundreds of pages of belittling each other with personal insults with hundreds of links to medical papers and study references - and there would be no conclusion in sight.

The above responses are just so... SENSIBLE. Is this really the Internet?  :P

• Upvote 1

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.