Thankyou "Bro" for the links.
Thats how i understand it: 
I want to kip the hip in the front of my body up, but the hip flexors are connected to the legs to strong(tight hip flexors) and so i just can have ppt with bended legs, right?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by William, March 18, 2014 · 40 Replies · 1,073 Views
Thankyou "Bro" for the links.
Thats how i understand it: 
I want to kip the hip in the front of my body up, but the hip flexors are connected to the legs to strong(tight hip flexors) and so i just can have ppt with bended legs, right?
Unhelpful, but that's a useful image to explain the difference between flattening lower back and PPT. Good find.
Jon Douglas said:Unhelpful, but that's a useful image to explain the difference between flattening lower back and PPT. Good find.
So now i'm confused, how would you get a straight back without ppt?
You wouldn't. But in trying to explain it people often focus on the back without thinking of the subtler tilt action-- glutes, abs etc. Notice the difference between an exaggerated hollow from pushing out the lower back, and the 'straight hollow' that advanced handstanders demonstrate.
Just thought it was useful image for coaching; sorry to confuse you ![]()
No problemo! So now i'm sure about what i know, haha
Yes, I think you got it, but you can have PPT with straight legs too, it's just easier when they're bent. If you stretch the hip flexors, they'll get 'longer' and PPT will be easier. The image you posted also shows that you need strong abs and glutes, but you're following F1 and H1, so that should just be a matter of time.
Also, here's the screenshot I made anyway (to win an argument with my girlfriend, my intentions are not the purest
) if people want to see it:

All hip flexors are present on the image (but split up between legs for clarity, I could have used a better split though) and you can see where they attach. On the right (his left leg), you can see the sartorius and iliacus (and psoas major) that I mentioned that attach to the top of the ilium bones. PPT, it points back, so if they're too short, it just doesn't happen or is at least harder.
Bro said:Yes, I think you got it, but you can have PPT with straight legs too, it's just easier when they're bent.
I knew that you can have ppt with straight legs, but for me its just not possible, maybe with stretching...
If you stretch the hip flexors, they'll get 'longer' and PPT will be easier. The image you posted also shows that you need strong abs and glutes, but you're following F1 and H1, so that should just be a matter of time.
![]()
Yes, i think so too, i mean my abs should be strong enough after 9 months F1!
And my gluts should be too. So it must be a stretching problem!
Also, here's the screenshot I made anyway (to win an argument with my girlfriend, my intentions are not the purest
) if people want to see it:
Haha, dont go too hard in this, at the end the girls are always the winner...arent they?
![]()
All hip flexors are present on the image (but split up between legs for clarity, I could have used a better split though) and you can see where they attach. On the right (his left leg), you can see the sartorius and iliacus (and psoas major) that I mentioned that attach to the top of the ilium bones. PPT, it points back, so if they're too short, it just doesn't happen or is at least harder.
Thanks for posting that! its all easier to understand with pics like this, my english is ok, but sometimes its really hard to get things clear.
the day before yesterday i did 2 sets of hip flexor stretches each side before working on HS PE4 and my arch wasn't as big as before, so i guess it helped.
how much weight shall we use for PE5, theres just written "...weighted bar" ![]()
William said:how much weight shall we use for PE5, theres just written "...weighted bar"
I'm guessing you should try to work up to 20kg, just like with the dislocates.
Bipocni said:I'm guessing you should try to work up to 20kg, just like with the dislocates.
yesterday i did with 4 kg, 2 each side...so i can't go on with next pe before mastery with 20kg? or should i just work this whole time doing H1 next to my next pe's? and for the iM 20kg too? oh that will take me a year, not because of the PE, i will upload a video of my iM-dislocates and you'll see ![]()
I think as little as 3kg counts as mastery (IM:2/3) but these will stay as part of your warm up where you should try to build up to 20kg (that seems like a lot but Bipocni probably has it right).
Murray Truelove said:I think as little as 3kg counts as mastery (IM:2/3) but these will stay as part of your warm up where you should try to build up to 20kg (that seems like a lot but Bipocni probably has it right).
Ok, yeah i really like the IM 2 and 3, they gave me fast progress in mobility so far.
here my first attempt of PE 5 and the iM:
note: i see while dislocates my lower back is arching a lot, didn't noticed while performing.
also i feel strain in my elbows, but i'm already at the end of the stick as you see..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SX86F5d8A&feature=youtu.be
so i guess, i'm making something wrong, crazy how far away the mastery looks right now...
anyone?
i want to train it right from the beginning, because it will be a looong run anyway
William said:anyone?
i want to train it right from the beginning, because it will be a looong run anyway
I could write the points out, but why when someone has already done it: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/16462-dislocates-transition-between-shoulder-flexion-to-shoulder-extension-how-to/?p=158614 ![]()
Duff said:I could write the points out, but why when someone has already done it: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/16462-dislocates-transition-between-shoulder-flexion-to-shoulder-extension-how-to/?p=158614
Thank you !