Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Progress is confusing....

Andrew Long

Andrew Long

Hej everyone,

Today I was climbing and at one point there were two holds in the perfect position to try a side lever so half way up I thought I'd give it a try as the climb was quite easy. Turns out I can hold a straddle side lever for about 4 seconds and a full one for 2 seconds ( maybe more as I didn't really push it just messed around).... Never bee able to do that before, he'll never even been close to doing that and I'm only at the first progression of the side lever in foundation.

Also the day before I had access to rings and managed an ugly yet controlled no kip muscle up without much trouble where as last time I could (sometimes) get a Kipping one. Now the confusing thing is I have no idea where that strength came from as I'm still in early days of foundation and I thought I lost strength because my front lever has declined quit a bit as have my pull ups...

How does that even work...

• Upvote 4

Keilani Gutierrez

pretty trippy, huh? :P

nice job on the SL! i've tried them on occassion and MAN is it hard. everytime you try and play with straight arm elements it really gives you an idea of how intense they are.

good going :)

Andrew Long

Yea this straight arm stuff is ridiculous can still pull into a front lever but can't hold it any more and planche is still not even remotely close though I think that is going to change these coming weeks with the leans I'm about to be doing.

Man my shoulder girdle used to be so weak and now it feels like I'm going into beast mode with just f1! I think the ihuge improvement in my shoulders is what allowed ,e to achieve the side lever as I have always had small weak shoulders :(. Foundation is the first program that has really addressed this issue and made them strong and supple.

Makes me super excited to see where I'll be at with the end of f2 where I can start training h2 and mess around on rings as well.... My god the strength I will have by then is going to be mind blowing I really am struggling to imagine what kind of power I will have by the end of foundation....and then there is rings! Holy moley.

• Upvote 1

Jon Douglas

It's funny, right? We keep hearing that strength improvements do not correlate to rate of progress through the elements, but until you try it, the lesson isn't driven home :)

Congrats :)

Andrew Long

Thanks. Yea after aphaving done this I am super excited for the rest of the coursesa Nd to see the end result. I know gymnasts are amazingly strong, agile Nd flexible but I don't think I have really understood how much so until now. You couldn't even call me a beginner in gst more like a new born baby but I feel so much more powerful and in control of my body. My mind just can not comprehend the end game of these courses.....