Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For Scandinavians (and the French)

Joakim Andersson

Joakim Andersson

I went to see Cirkus Cirkör's show Knitting Peace yesterday in Fredrikstad, Norway. Really amazing stuff, handbalancing and acrobatics merged with live music and very atmospheric scenography. They still have some shows around Scandinavia and a few in France so if you're nearby I advise you to go and be inspired!

Also, one of the performers, Mikael, is an active forum member here, right? Show support! :)

• Upvote 5

Mikael Kristiansen

Happy you enjoyed the show! We were pretty tired and had some small problems for the last show in fredrikstad as you might have noticed haha! The show is really physical and is hard to run 5 times a week. We are off for some days now before we go again in Askim(20th) and Lilleström(25th) close to Oslo. If anyone on the forum are around and are interested in seeing the show, check out www.cirkor.se for more info.

The handstand on the rope isnt me, it is Alexander Weibel Weibel who is an excellent slackrope artist.  He is teaching me to do it for fun and shouldnt be too hard once I get over the fear. In over 100 shows I have never seen Alex miss it so he has it locked down.

Joakim Andersson

No one cared about those few mistakes. :) Everyone I talked to after the show liked it very much, they were really amazed.

A question by the way, what kind of shoes do you and Alexander wear? They looked really comfortable and I've been trying to find something good to move in...

Mikael Kristiansen

Im not sure what alex uses, but i think he has 2 pairs since you need specific shoes for slackrope. I think he has "feyue" shoes otherwise. Probably their "plain" model. I think they are originally for marital arts, but they are the shoe of choice for many circus artists, especially for chinese pole. I have a couple of puma shoes that i bought on sale. The sole is thin but they are nothing special.

Joakim Andersson

Alright, thanks for that. And good luck with the rest of the tour!

Mikael Kristiansen

Chateau Arnoux 11-12 april, Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume 15-16 april, Saint Maxime 19-20 april. Those are the only dates in france for now and doesnt seem like any of those towns are very big or central haha. But if you happen to be in the vicinity come check it out!

Christopher Schwab

Any plans to come to England Handbalancer? And keep up the good work, that is an amazing performance by the looks of it.