Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front Lever Pulls - A Conditioning Necessity

Coach Sommer

I can't do a front lever and hold it, but I can do this exercise. I swing down a little bit after the arm straightening simply because I can't hold it, but I wouldn't say I'm using too much momentum to do the exercise (I can straddle or single leg hold).

Is this acceptable or should I change my body position and slow down the movement?

• 7 months later...

I can not do these yet..but i have modified it slightly and lift my knees up to 90% and do reps of 5 x 3 and find this a great exercises. looking forward to having strength to perform these correctly.

Heavy guy so ain't easy.

WitnessTheFitness

Heavy guy so ain't easy.

Don't let that discourage or demotivate you. Just check out that picture of Sliz (I think he's around 200lbs) doing a front lever on a monster truck :D

• 8 months later...

I have two questions about this exercise

1) Coach mentioned that people with tight shoulder find this exercise difficult.. I have tight shoulders (i'm currently improving on it:) ) and while I don't find this exercise particularly easy, I love doing them! My question is how will this exercise help with my tight shoulders? I've never thought there was a flexibility component for this exercise

2) Coach said to only pause at chin over the bar, I've been holding for a second or two in the FL before going back.. is that not a good idea?

Cheers :D

• Upvote 1