Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tracing weigthlinfting progress during Foundation

Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente

As stated in the title i've taken trace about my weigthlifting progress while working of foundations.

The last time i did the first lift before to stop was at the end of august during lifting competition.

i weight about 75-76 kg and i'm 175-176 cm.

BENCHPRESS: i did one rep of benchpress with 105 kg, at the time i was playing seriously with pseudo planche push ups;

i did it today after have mastered the F1-F2-and nearly the master of F3 for HBP and i did 135 kg.

PULLUP: in the same period i was able to do 1 pullup with semi prone grip with 38 kg added, at that time i was playing with the first element of RC F3, now i'm completing the RC F4 and i did one rep with 57 kg added.

i've never done specific work aside of these 2 attempts, only bechpress with 30-40 of 1RM to maintain technique activation.

For sure i'm impressed especially by the benchpress gains!

• Upvote 5

what about your FL/sPL progress?  I'm interested in knowing whether they also impacted your bench press and pullup numbers

Redwan Haque

Wow! At this rate you should have the coveted 2x BW bench by the end of F4.

Edit: Just realized how ridiculous a +57kg pullup is too. How many one arm chins can you do at this point?

Jon Douglas

I have absolutely no frame of reference for bench press, so Im more impressed by the pullup. Something like 170% bw?!

Alessandro Mainente

for the front lever i'm near to master the F3, for planche i'm at the beginning of F3

i have no complete one arm chin or one arm pull, i'm planning to work more over these skills when RC f4 will be finished.

57 kg for my bodyweigth that is varying between 75-78 kg, is not to much. 20 kg to 2x BW pullup is a great goal but not so easy, especially if you weigth more, only a difference in bodyweigth plays a importante role for what is concerned with inertia and the tendency of the body to rest if it is resting and move if it is moving...my father written down  a presentation for physic university where he talked with 4-5 slides about the necessity to improve mechanical power of the engines of very heavy machines due to this principle. i did not have the knowledge to understand it, but now more then before i'm convinced that light people have a good aid in moving their own bodyweigth.

Connor Davies

So damn near double bodyweight bench press.  Very nice.

Let us know how that changes as you finish F4 and R4....

Those are respectable numbers. Did you get your straddle planche push-up back yet Alex? How's your FL and FL rows?

Alessandro Mainente

Not yet, when i'll achieve the str pl push up i think that my 1RM will be more then 2BW, if you are following foundations...i'm working on last element of F3 for HBP, and i can do only 2 reps in a row in the first set.

for the rest i'm now working on fl rows, i don't think there is to much transfert, or better, the transfert dramatically changes.

Mikkel Ravn

i'm working on last element of F3 for HBP, and i can do only 2 reps in a row in the first set.

Yes, that element is really hard, can only do a single struggling rep at the moment. Mastering it will be a big step, happy hunting.

Alessandro Mainente

I've understood how much the leverage component is relevant , i can do between 12-15 tuck planche push up but only one of this variation presented in Foundation 3. it's very very hard for me manage also 2 cm of leverage variation.

Arthur Wong

pretty cool. im interested in going to the gym for a month after reaching at least mid F2 and seeing how strong I can get. mostly interested in my bench and squat. 

Connor Davies

pretty cool. im interested in going to the gym for a month after reaching at least mid F2 and seeing how strong I can get. mostly interested in my bench and squat. 

Try and run starting strength.  It's got a good learning curve for adapting to a barbell quickly.