Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Meals

Timothy Aiken

Timothy Aiken

So, I'm gonna ask an incredibly general question here. What should I have for breakfast and lunch? Dinner gets covered by Joshua's recommendations, but I'm kind of lost on breakfast and lunch. 

One more thing, peanut butter bagels/toast often make an appearance at breakfast. Are those too carb heavy for then?

I'm not looking for someone to write some lengthy essay for me (although if you wanna... go for it), I'm just wondering if anyone has some tips, or a link to an essay found elsewhere on here, or a link to a good article. Nutrition is real confusing to me, due to the plethora of information out there and my lack of motivation to sift through it all and find the right plan. Some things fascinate me, while nutrition and economics just carry no interest to me, even though they are very important. 

Keilani Gutierrez

lately, i've had as many "breakfast" foods for dinner as i have had "dinner" foods for breakfast. just gotta take it easy if things are something like carb or fat heavy.

just look at food as a piece of equipment which aids your training. be reasonable when you have to eat veggies, just aim for things that are healthy and not upset your stomach early in the morning. it's great to eat after drinking water especially if it's in the morning.

recently i had rice, beans, skirt steam and yuca for breakfast. it was amazing. (breakfast being had at 9-10am, in this case.)

ps: also, how do you feel about fajitas? you can easily add a nice amount to veggies and vary the flavors with beef , chicken, pork, beans, etc

Frankincensed

There is no rule about what specific foods to eat for breakfast! 

Personally what eat varies a lot, from cereal with fruit/milk, oatmeal, eggs & toast, waffles/pancakes, crepes/blintzs with ricotta, bagels with cottage, herring & yogurt. Generally around 50g of carbs, 20-25 g of protein, remainder fat. Sometimes I'll mix a little whey if the meal seems protein deficent. Generally around 350-400 cals work for me (75 kg); too large a meal and I'm sluggish.

But I may have an morning snack like banana with peanut butter if I will be eating a later breakfast.  And nothing against bagel with peanut butter, except the lump it leaves in my throat!

Some guys want more protein in the meal but this works for me, and I'll tend to load my protein meals around workouts, although overall I'm typically under 100g a day, which seems to work fine in my case.  Honestly I'm nearly 55 however my body and strength is better than when I was 25!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
Joshua Naterman

I usually try to get 1-2 eggs when they're around, plus a glass of milk and kefir. I then either mix half a scoop of protein into the milk/kefir mixture or I have some meat to get the rest of the protein I need. This, of course, tends to take care of fats as well. Carbs will come from a variety of sources, could include fruits, berries, rice, stew, other veggies, greens, etc. 

On the weekends my girlfriend and I take quite a lot of greens and make a large batch of scrambled eggs with the greens in them, and then have whatever other healthy carb sources we feel like. She likes oatmeal more, but I tend to prefer my stews and rice. We have plenty of veggies throughout the day, so whether we have more of them at breakfast or not (on top of the greens in the omelet) is pretty much a roll of the dice.

Sean Whitley

I pretty much always have bacon and eggs for breakfast, and if I have enough time I'll also throw in some hash browns, baked beans, mushrooms, sausages etc. Probably not the healthiest but i'm sure its better than the two bowls of kids breakfast cereal i used to eat religiously, and its soooo much more filling and satisfying.

Important Information

Please review our Privacy Policy at Privacy Policy before using the forums.